Town Hall 16 is the latest and highest Town Hall level in Clash of Clans right now, so it requires the most advanced defensive techniques to build a base that works well and defends properly as you need to defend against the most experienced players. If you look for a fresh and well-working base layout for your Town Hall 16 Home Village base or war base, you’re in the perfect place.
Every month you will find here new custom-built base layouts for TH16 that work, not just any random internet bases that have been posted all over the places and that experienced attackers know strategies against. All bases here are fresh and well-tested.
All bases here are not just reviewed, they get tested either in real wars or in Legend League with my main account before I will post them here.
Best TH16 Base Designs
Are you also running accounts with other Town Hall levels? Great, you can check out my TH15 layouts here, TH14 base designs here, the TH13 layouts here, the TH12 layouts are here, TH11 layouts here and TH10 layouts can be found here.
Also check out the frequently updated Builder Base designs… find the new Builder Hall 10 layouts here, my Builder Base 9 layouts here, my Builder Base 8 layouts here, the Builder Base 7 ones are here and here are the Builder Base 6 layouts.
Without wasting any more time, here are the bases:
PRO Bases are exclsive for our Patreon Supporters for the first 30 days before they become Public. Support us on Patreon to use the bases before everyone else and gain a big advantage.
- War/CWL Base (Exclusive)The PRO Bases are exclsuive for our Patreon Supporters for the first 30 days. Gain an advantage by supporting us on Patreon to use this base before it will be become free and popular and players start developing strategies against it.Base Description: This diamond-style base for Clan War defends perticularly well against Zap Titan and QueenWalk HogMiner attacks which run the meta right now.
- Home Base (Exclusive)The PRO Bases are exclsuive for our Patreon Supporters for the first 30 days. Gain an advantage by supporting us on Patreon to use this base before it will be become free and popular and players start developing strategies against it.Base Description: This diamond-style TH16 base defends well against Queen Charge entry attacks and all Smash variations.
- Custom BaseI will design a custom base for you that will fit your account and your needs - custom bases are by far the strongest and most durable bases you can use if you want to play at the top of the ranks or if your base is not maxed.How does it work?: After you signed up for the Custom Base Tier on Patreon I will contact you and ask for the details of your base. After that, I will design your base and test it in real defenses and finetune it (takes a few days) and once I am happy with the performance, I will send you your private custom base copy link and my recommendation regarding Clan Castle troops on Patreon.Limited Spots: Designing a custom base takes time as I always have to test it with my accounts in real defenses, so there are limited spots available and sign up will be closed when the spots are filled. Right now there are a few spots open.
After 30 days the PRO Bases will become public and you can use them. Please mind, the bases get popular quite quickly so people start developing strategies against it. If you support us on Patreon you can use the bases 30 days without minding them getting burned.
- War/CWL Base (02/2024)War/CWL Base for 02/2024 - This diamond-style base defends well against all common Queen Charge entries and Smash variations.Defensive CC Troops: 2x Ice Golems + Archers
- Trophy Base (02/2024)Trophy Base for 02/2024 - Anti 2-Star base that defends well against all current meta attacks in Legend League - but if you want a base above 5500 trophies I recommend requesting a custom base from me.Defensive CC Troops: 2x Ice Golems + 2x Rocket Balloons + 4x Goblins
- War/CWL Base (01/2024)War/CWL Base for 01/2024 - This diamond-shaped Anti 3-Star base for TH16 works well for Clan War and CWL and defends well against the common Queen Charge entries and smash variations that are popular right now and will give your opponents a hard nut to crack in your next war. I highly recommend that you have your Giga Town Hall maxed, though, as this is really important for Town Hall 16.Defensive CC Troops: 2x Ice Golems + Archers
- Trophy Base (01/2024)Trophy Base for 01/2024 - For Legend League I have this Anti 2-Star trophy base for your TH16 base prepared that defends well against all the common meta attacks that are running popular against Town Hall 16 right now. Please upgrade your Giga Town Hall defense as quickly as possible or you will have troubles defending in Legend League at Town Hall 16!Defensive CC Troops: 3x Ice Golem + 5x Archers
- War/CWL Base (12/2023)War/CWL Base for 12/2023 - This war base is designed for your first war after the Town Hall 16 update and with the diamond-style shape and all the new defenses down, it is designed to specifically defend well against Queen Charge LaLo and other strtegies. There is not too much new evolving right now so most TH15 styles will also be working here until a new attacking meta might settle or not.Defensive CC Troops: 3x Ice Golem + 5x Archers
- Trophy Base (12/2023)Trophy Base for 12/2023 - Here is the first trophy base for all you up there in Legend League and having your defenses ready right after the Town Hall 16 update. This base is designed and tested heavily to hold up against the current attacking strategis that dominate. Please make sure to max out your Giga Town Hall as soon as possible and sorry it took a couple more days here than the other sources out there as I wanted to text extra well before releasing this base. Have fun at TH16!Defensive CC Troops: 3x Ice Golem + 5x Archers
- War/CWL Base (DEC#3)War/CWL Base for DEC#3 - The Rage Tower around the Town Hall provides a ton of defensive value and with the new defenses centralized there is a lot of damage coming along enemy lines. The central position helps a lot against blimp and suicide hero attempts and I tested it against all trending attacks there are right now.Defensive CC Troops: 1x Lava Hound + 2 Head Hunters + Archers
- Trophy Base (DEC#3)Trophy Base for DEC#3 - This base baits Super Archer Blimp approaches heavily and also gives Queen Charge as little space as possible to be effective with the Rage Towers being a constant threat to them. The new defenses add a ton of DPS that can break a strong funnel as well. I also tested against groud smash and air spam attacks.Defensive CC Troops: 2x Ice Golems + 1x Head Hunters + Archers
- Farming Base (DEC#3)Farming Base for DEC#3 - This farming base has the storages not exposed and spread at the same time to make sure they are not easy to snipe. The Town Hall itself is protected by a lot of defenses around it and if the attacker thinks a Invisibility Spell will help, they will end up with a failed 1-Star attack.Defensive CC Troops: 1x Electro Titan + 2x Rocket Balloons + Archers
- War/CWL Base (DEC#2)War/CWL Base for DEC#2 - This new war and cwl base for TH16 is an Anti 3-Star base with open channels to make pathing as hard and unpredictable as possible. There's many baits for Queen Charge and air spam attacks built into the perimeter so this and Blimp versions will find an early end. Also it's as hard as possible to directly target the Town Hall itself which makes it even harder to plan an attack and then executing it will be even harder.Defensive CC Troops: 2x Super Minions + 2x Head Hunters + Archers
- Trophy Base (DEC#2)Trophy Base for DEC#2 - This base here uses the new merged defenses to put out a ton of DPS to deal with Queen Charge attempts and the Rage Towers help topping any Queen Charge and Suicide attempts really hard here. Also tested against Zap Smash that shows up more frequently and it works well against that as well.Defensive CC Troops: 2x Ice Golems + Archers
- Farming Base (DEC#2)Farming Base for DEC#2 - Although this farming base looks more like one of the non-working bad clickbait bases, it works really well with the machanics of Town Hall 16 as you have the storages spread out so there is no ways to get your loot easily without hitting the base properly. The core with the Town Hall is just ridiculous risky to approach and the DPS is all around so there is no obvious and easy entry here. I tested the base a lot and it holds up well and should keep half your available loot protected easily.Defensive CC Troops: 2x Super Minions + 2x Head Hunters + Archers
- War/CWL Base (DEC#1)War/CWL Base for DEC#1 - The Rage Towers cover as much as possible buildings in this base so it's hard to approach the Town Hall with Queen Charge or LaLo. This Town Hall 16 layout works really well against ground smash and air spam attacks as well and if the attacker tries to approach the the base from the opposite entry of the Town Hall they will have a hard time actually even getting to the Town Hall so a 3-Star is very unlikely.Defensive CC Troops: 2x Ice Golems + 2x Head Hunters + Archers
- Trophy Base (DEC#1)Trophy Base for DEC#1 - This ring base layout for Town Hall 16 is really working well for Legend League and has been tested so much like almost no other base I have here before. It works really well against Super ARchers, Bowlers, Queen Charge, LaLo, Electro Dragons and Super Dragon strategies at the same time and that is what's hitting your base at TH16 the most up there right now. The middle compartment strategically separates and takes out troops with the Town Hall poison so welcome here trophy pushers, this layout will help you a lot.Defensive CC Troops: 1x Electro Titan + 1x Ice Golem + Archers
- Farming Base (DEC#1)Farming Base for DEC#1 - If you're following me for a longer time you know that I am not a big believer in farming bases but I understsand that fresh TH16 players need some help here so if you're stockpiling resources this base will work well for you. The core storages will reduce the chance of any sneaky goblins stealing loot easily from you and heavy core traps make the farm base really punishing for attackers that are primarily after your resource. Double poison will slow down troops a lot while allowing defences to hit the attacker's troops and the new defences are really strong, ricochet cannon will protect the multi from possible hero dive
and can kill 2 sneakies with 1 shot.Defensive CC Troops: 1x Electro Titan + 3x Head Hunters
- War/CWL Base (Release)War/CWL Base for Release - This is the first war base here to use and please be adviced that there was not too much time to test this base in real war but I am very confident that this bae will get you well through your first war with your new Town Hall 16 base. Please make sure to upgrade your Giga Town Hall as quickly as possible to really defend well here, if not you will have big problems defending.Defensive CC Troops: 3x Ice Golem + 5x Archers
- Trophy Base (Release)Trophy Base for Release - The first trophy pushing base here for all of you that have build the new buildings and defenses you get at Town Hall 16 and also, very important, have your Giga Town Hall leveled up really well.Defensive CC Troops: 3x Ice Golem + 5x Archers
- Trophy Base (Starter)Trophy Base for Starter - This starter base is a base I prepared before the release for you all that immediately gemmed after the update to hae a solid base to start with the new buildings at Town Hall 16. I will refine this base very frequently over the next days to have it as much up to date as possible!Defensive CC Troops:
- War/CWL Base (Fresh)War/CWL Base for Fresh - This base can be used once you upgraded your Town Hall to Level 16 before you have built all the new buildings and defenses.Defensive CC Troops: Lava Hound + 2x Super Balloons + Goblins
- Trophy Base (Fresh)Trophy Base for Fresh - This base can be used once you upgraded your Town Hall to Level 16 before you have built all the new buildings and defensesDefensive CC Troops: 3x Ice Golem + 5x Archers
I hope you like my new base designs, if you have any questions please let me know in the comments below.