What brawler is actually the best brawler? You can’t level up all 58 brawlers in Brawl Stars at the same time so I need to see which one you’re really using. That’s why I was looking around for tier lists to see which one works best but I was quite disappointed after a short time – most tier lists are either outdated with the recent balance changes and others are simply listing brawlers without any further explanation.
For that reason I have written this tier list and frequently updated it with all the balancing changes and also added the new brawlers to show you which ones are really viable right now.
What’s a Tier List?
It’s the brawlers ranked from S-Tier (Supreme, the outstanding strong) over A– (very strong) and B-Tier to C-Tier (niche useful or not that useful right now).
What I Focused On In My Tier List Of Best Brawlers
When making my tier list for Brawl Stars, I did focus on these things primarily:
- Versatility in every single mode
- Stats, especially HP and damage
- Super Power, Star Power & Gadget
This means a supportive brawler like Pam will be good in game modes that focus on team play and staying alive, just to give you one example, but there’s a lot more to consider.
The Best Brawlers Tier List
Okay, enough introduction! Let’s jump into the tier list right away.
- CorneliusS+My intitialy thought on him have been right and I can officially announce that Cornelius is the strongest brawlers in Brawl Stars right now. Just the way his super canges situations dramatically that it's too easy to overwhelm enemies. And with the summer break for the devs coming up I don't think there will be any dramatic changes soon to him.
- ShellyS+Since her buffs took her too far and she got nerfed, she is still remaining so high on the tier list. Her movement speed make her chain-assassin enemy brawlers back to back.
- SqueakSWith his buffed Chain Reaction gadget he is now doing even better than before and is one of the strongest brawlers overall right now.
- GusSHis support goes well with many of the top brawlers in the game and he can sustain on his own as well, making him an incredibly strong brawler.
- CrowSStill there is no direct counter to him and he is easy to use and has so many small benefits in his kit that he is still one of the best brawlers in BRawl Stars.
- GeneA+Amazing super and unless the target has something to block it (e.g. pet), he will go crazy. Yes, pets are more popular right now but that still makes him an incredible brawler.
- BeaA+Still remains here as a solid brawler as her recent buff won#t affect the gadget that I recommend using with her.
- Mr. PA+With the new pet damage gear he can finally deal with pets better and as those brawlers gained popularity, he does well too.
- R-TA+Although he got nerfed he is still really strong on his own and has amazing damage support to the team
- StuA+Is a great brawler and the only brawler he struggle against are the ones ranked in the tier above.
- BonnieA+Performs now better overall as she can counter throwers, that are really popular right now. and with her cannon form you can deal with long-range brawlers well, too.
- CarlAStill the same and effective in countering throwers and now that they are even more popular, he is an even better brawler in overall performance.
- GrayAWith his Star Power buff he is still a useful and good brawler right now
- SamAIs a great tank with his star power and the way he can pierece and hit multiple enemies with his super. The best tank in Brawl Stars right now.
- EveAWith her gear amazing aginast brawlers that can't pierce through hatchings so she is not even ranked a bit highe rhere on my list. Rememeber, you will need her Mythic gear to make her work that great or she will be only average overall.
- BelleAAmazing range and even versatile in close-combat situations and can deal well with tanks and, very improtant right now, assassins.
- MaisieAAlthough her attacks are kind-of-easy to dodge, the recent buffs do their work and make her work overall a lot better now.
- TaraAIt took a couple of balancing buffs to bring her back to live and her pets do a lot better now and make her overall, finally, a useful brawler again.
- Colonel RuffsANo changes to him in such a long time and a very abalnced and good brawler overall.
- OtisAHe is such a great tank-counter but with less tanks being played he needs other strengths to be working as well working as he does - and that is his range and also his easy-to-use attacks that make him still a good brawler.
- SproutAAlways great if you run against brawlers that can't play around wall or narrow passages and one of the best throwers in the game.
- DynamikeAJust does well as one of the best thrower in the game and can be really versatile in so many maps and modes
- JanetAShe aws so strong for such a long time and also the nerfs didn't seem to break her popularity - until now. She is still solid and good, but not as dominating as she used to be and if you have been frequently using her you probably felt that drop in value.
- ColetteAShe is great against tanks (although they are not that popular right now) but also good against all mid-range brawlers which makes her quite useful in most situations.
- AshAAlthough his Star Power and Gadget are better now, the meta that is really strong against tanks will not make him as powerful as he used to be.
- MegB+Her rework made her so strong and overpowered and with some nerfs she is back to being a normal average brawler now.
- TickB+Is the best thrower brawler that can deal with close-range brawlers but also not too hard to play around his mechanics.
- PennyB+She dominated so much with her map control and it took several rounds of nerfs to get her out of the top tier - she is now just quite too fragile to dominate as she used to. She is still solid and can do well, but overall there is a lot that can deal with her.
- SurgeB+He has really big problems chargin his super up right now against so many brawlers - once charged, he is a beast but also there are enough matches where you will not get his super charge up enough to make it even pop.
- MaxB+The nerf Max got some updates ago didn't affect her that much but now with the brawlers that are now on top and popular, she struggles a lot more and if you have been running her consistently you can feel what I mean.
- SpikeB+Yes after a feels-like-forever time he is not in the top tiers anymore as he struggles so much against throwers that are so much more popular now. His Star Power and Gadget got small buffs in the recent balancing update, but I don't see much changes in how strong and viable he is overall.
- PocoB+His overall usability and effectiveness in Brawl Stars rely on being used with a tank and as they don't do that well right now, he is not ranked that high anymore. Also, many brawlers that have an easy time countering him directly do better in the game right now which makes him struggle a little bit overall.
- GriffB+Solid tank-counter but as tanks really struggle right now and are not that popular all-around and in the other aspects there are better brawlers that run the show now.
- SandyB+With the piercing attacks and the amount of pets you see around right now helps Sandy to be better than before - but still not an overpowered or great brawler in the game.
- BarleyB+Does really well on maps without breakable walls and shines there a lot, other than that not that great and has a hard time dealing with the popular brawlers if there's not many obstabcles around to hide and use his throwing capability.
- PiperBNot bad but she struggles against fast-moving brawlers and they are quite popular right now so you will have problems getting her attacks in consistently enough.
- NitaBHe rnew pet damage make her a bit better overall but overall she is not that strong to be ranked with the brawlers above...
- BuzzBIs good and one of the best tanks in Brawl Stars but struggles with the current meta like all the other tanks do. Can shine of the enemy team doesn#t have a direct counter brawler but this is situational.
- RicoBHis performance bases a lot on the map and he can be countered easily, still has quite some potential. His Multi-Launcher daget got buffed but is still not the better gadget on him.
- AmberBHas been falling off more and more as she is a tank killer and tanks are not that popular right now + many strong brawlers outrange her. her percing projectiles help to keep her viable in the meta, but she is simply not too strong.
- BrockBGreat range but also easily to dodge, especially for more experienced players, so you will strugggle to deal damage overall.
- EmzBGets out-ranged by so many brawlers and only can work well around that in maps with a lot of walls (there she is quite strong, though). Her Acid Spray gadget got slightly buffed but is still not the better option.
- El PrimoBIs El Primo overall strong right now? No. But his massive pool of health can be used to charge his super and if that#s well used, he can turn around a match.
- LeonBEven though the Vision Gear doesn't affect him anymore, there are so many brawlers with pets around that can expose him that he can only be sitautionally good.
- LouBGood on certain maps where he is really strong but nothing changed for him overall recently so he stays here.
- PamBEasy to use and solid stats and she is pretty much average in everything. Even her new epic gear she recenty got doesn't make that much of a difference in the way she works and how much value she provides overall.
- JessieBAlthough her turret now deals more damage and she becomes a little bit more viable, overall she is not that important right now and there are many ways to outplay her effectively with the stronger and more popular brawlers.
- LolaBHer main attack is not that interesting but she can deal insane amounts of damage with her super. She got a small buff to her Star Powerbut overall that doesn't change too much for her.
- GromBGrom has done so well before the recent balancing changes and primarily because his health nerf so many brawlers can now deal with him effectively.
- WillowBWith her splash attacks and the way popular brawlers changed, I feel she is doing a little bit better now and can be competitive in certain modes and maps.
- FangBHis Corn Food gadget for buffed but is still not the better gadget so I don't see much change for him in terms of the overall meta of Brawl Stars.
- BoBHis mines are easy to avoid but only if your opponent knows where they are and if not, they can be a tough thing to deal with so he has some good potential
- DarrylC+Decent tank with his shielding and rolling but, as mentioned with other tank brawlers in Brawl Strs right now, his archetype doesn't perform that well right now and with the recent shifts on top of the tier list, he is not doing that great overall.
- 8-BitC+The reason he is ranked here is his slow speed and also that throwers are doing so well in the meta right now and are so common to face. Also getting rid of his turret is easy so gaining wins with him is not that easy.
- ChesterCHe was better in the last version of my tier list because he had more health but with the way popularity of brawlers changed he is now back where he used to be.
- NaniCIs really good in some mdoes and maps but not overall a strong brawler right now in terms of overall meta. Still, she can shine but against pets that can block shots she does awful and they gained a lot more popularity recently.
- MandyCShe can work well in some modes and maps but as a sniper with single projectiles she suffers even more now with all the brawlers that use pets in general.
- GaleCHis role is tank countering and there are better brawlers that can do that with other abilities and tanks are not that popular and strong in the meta, either. He is not as bad as before since some of the brawlers that work great against him lost some popularity but overall he is just not doing that great in the meta of Brawl Stars right now.
- RosaCShe has been quite low in the tiers and nothing has changed recently, just not the type of brawler you see in the meta right now which doesn't mean she is bad, she is just not that viable. She is simply struggling with her range a lot.
- ColtD+Colt is, on paper, a great brawler to deal with the better brawlers by dealing good damage and having this great range. The biggest problem, and it's not just a problem of your skill as a player, is, that you will barely hit the target. And a skilled player know exactly how to evade him. This nullifies a lot of his strengths and the recent balancing changes that made other brawlers even stronger didn't affect him that well either.
- DougD+How can I rank a brawler that is about to be released? Well, his mechanics are so similar to Jacky that I doubt that he will be much better and I just don't see the devs putting something in his kit that makes him significantly stronger. Again, I will update the ranking as soon as he is out to be fully tested.
- ByronDActually not a bad brawler with him healing up tanky brawlers but as tanky brawlers are so not the meta right now, he is not that useful overall. He has single projectiles without piercing through targets are simply not doing well right now because so many brawlers with pets do so well.
- BibiDShe is quick and can work against certain brawlers but her range is her pitfall in the current meta and ranged/high damge brawlers deal just too easily with her. Her Star Power helps her but overall she is not too powerful right now.
- BusterDWas great on release, got the nerf, has fallen to become a below-average brawler and his range is just his weakpoint in the current meta.
- JackyDStill struggles to get close to targets and is the tank that has been falling off against popular brawlers.
- HankFYes, you see it right. Hank has been really strong but since the devs reworked him heavily. It's easy to stay out of his range and prevent him from charging up and he is not useful in the current state.
- EdgarFUsed to be the worst before and is still a very bad brawler for the given reasons - and since nothing dramatically changed recently for him he stays here.
- BullFHe still struggles with the usual things but Shelly beats him up so badly and now even more brawlers do better against him so I have no choice but also flag him in the unusable tier at the end of the tier list.
- FrankFThe only thing that improved fro Frank is that he is not the weakest brawler in the game anymore and has passed the red lantern over to Mortis - still he is not working at this point
- MortisFAlthough getting a buff, Mortis struggles so much with the Shelly meta right now that he is literally the weakest brawler overall in Brawl Stars right now.
So, I hope this tier list helps you performing well in Brawl Stars and, as always, I will update the entire list when new balancing changes are coming so you always see the latest possible state of Brawl Stars reflected here. If you have questions, just drop a comment below!
Tier List for similar games: