Choosing a weapon in Survivor.io can be crucial, extremely crucial. You might recall from my evolution skill guide here that your primary weapon should always be the first evolution skill to get so picking the right one is the foundation of all success. Please read the evolution skill guide as well if you haven’t as much in this guide here builds on top of that.
Also, there are a ton of new active gift codes for Survivor.io available so also check out our frequently updated list of active gift codes here as well.
Ok, now we’re settled, let’s talk the best weapon in Survivor.io
Weapon Ranking got just updated the new SS Grade weapon of the 2.5.0 Update
Yes, you get your investment in prints back when you want, but still, upgrading a weapon is a lot of hustle in Survivor.io, looking at that infographic Jacob BB posted on Reddit:
Survivor.io Weapon Tier List Ranking
Also important! If you’re looking for the best gear that is not a weapon, please check out my freshly updated ranking for all the equipment in Survivor!.io here. Also Check out the ranking and leveling-up strategy for the new survivors here.
Important! I also added a indication if the Astral Forge Effect is worth it, but also please refer to my full new guide about the Astral Forge here.
- Starforged HavocS+I needed to adjust the rankings of all weapons with the new and first SS-Grade weapon arriving in Survivor.io - let's be true here you basically fuse together the Void Power and the Sword of Disorder with two Astral Forge effects and if you built it it is so much more powerful than anything else in the game, it's a ridiculous power creep and make your S-Grade weapons feel like low-rarity weapons.
- Void PowerA+The 2nd S-Rarity weapon, the Void Power weapon is insane, there are no other words to describe it. It's ranged and creates black holes that suck mobs in and takes damage so you slow them down and damage them already at epic rarity. For the very few players that are able to max it out in rarity those will even explode and deal damage in amounts that are beyond good and evil. Absolutely overpowered weapon in Survivor.io, even when not maxed...Astral Forge Effect: 2 Black Holes will fuse into one when collide, which is a very strong effect to create massively huge Black HolesAstral Forge Effect Worth it?: YesBosses: SWaves: S+Usability: S
- Sword of DisorderA+The new S-Grade weapon in Survivor!.io arrived and it works like a Whistling Arrow with a tail, hitting everything in it's way and also increasing your skill damage the more enemies you kill. Incredible weapon and after playing around quite a while now with it I feel it's not as universally insane compared to the Void Power and the invest in it is literally ut of this world for an average player so adjusted the rank quite a bit.Astral Forge Effect: Thrust Instakill non-invincible minions (only effective on 1st monster hit) - is literally insane and clears the board a lot faster. Not talking about the invest here but fully maxxed by far the strongest weapon in the game.Astral Forge Effect Worth it?: YesBosses: S+Waves: A+Usability: S
- LightchaserAThe Lightchaser made it top of the list right out of the box since it was released as the first S-Rarity item in the game. It is still very much on top and a great hack-n-slay weapon and great against mobs. I personally rank the Void Power a little higher but I admit this is more personal pereference and overall the Lightchaser is on par with the Void Power.Astral Forge Effect: Spawns one more sword array that follows you so your damage output goes up there by ideally 25% in theory + the range. Actually pretty nice and useful overall.Astral Forge Effect Worth it?: YesBosses: A+Waves: SUsability: S
- KunaiB+The Kunai is simply greatand an amazing boss-killer weapon! Good damage, auto-aim to the closest enemy and every star you gain will add one extra Kunai and damage as well. Super weapon to run in Survivor.io with only one downfall - the EVO skill is the one that gives more EXP which you absolutely not need at all so you will waste that one ability slot. But that still makes it the beast weapon for F2P and still one of the best overall in the game - it falls off only towards the S-Rarity weaponsAstral Forge Effect: 15% ATK Bonus which is not too exciting in terms of a new ability but it scales and the invest is quite alright to get it if you run the weapon constnatlyAstral Forge Effect Worth it?: YesBosses: A+Waves: AUsability: S
- Baseball BatC+The Baseball Bat really shines in mob-heavy stages and is an incredible weapon for the earlier stages in Survivor.io (and as we get all investments back we can easily switch to a different weapon later). It deals a lot more damage than the Katana or Shotgun at the same level and also the knockback can be really handy. I also like that it shares the EVO skill with the Brick so you can add one additional ability.Astral Forge Effect: 15% ATK Bonus which is not too exciting in terms of a new ability but it scales and the invest is quite alright to get it if you run the weapon constnatlyAstral Forge Effect Worth it?: OkBosses: AWaves: A+Usability: B+
- KatanaD+There are several things to keep in mind with the Katana and I want to explain my ranking here... in vertical chapters, I'd rank it A Tier as it is great but the world is not only vertical chapters in survivor.io + the fact that the overall damage output is significantly lower than the higher-ranked weapons made me rank it here. Simply the mechanics to hit back and forth, the EVO that doesn't really seem to add much to it and the fact that you need to get the damage reduction skill as EVO skill makes it by far less viable than the other weapons in Survivor.io! I got some messages of people that say you can make it work, which is true, but why making a lot of effort in moving around when you can pick one of the above weapons that are simply a lot easier to use and bring more bang to the table?!Astral Forge Effect: 15% ATK Bonus but I relly don't recommend running it at that stage anymore so putting the extra invest in is nothing I recommend.Astral Forge Effect Worth it?: NoBosses: BWaves: AUsability: B+
- ShotgunD+The Shotgun is kind of weird for multiple reasons. You have to aim and with the additional bullets you get with each star skill for it makes a nice spread - but it deals great damage against bosses and mob waves and can be a great early-stage carry weapon for many players so I believe this justify this rank. Overall performance at max compared to the other weapons in the game, however, is just lackluster.Astral Forge Effect: 15% ATK Bonus but I relly don't recommend running it at that stage anymore so putting the extra invest in is nothing I recommend.Astral Forge Effect Worth it?: NoBosses: BWaves: B+Usability: C+
- RevolverD+I had a lot of dicussions before but there's no way I will change my mind about the Revolver... it's simply the worst weapon in Survivor.io. I'm not saying it's horrible all the time but the only good thing is the damage output - looking at the bullet limits and the hustle of aiming with it all the time. I had some really severe hate for ranking it here in the comments but I believe that any player who used Revolver for a long time would have another weapon at the same upgrade level would never switch back.Astral Forge Effect: 15% ATK Bonus but I relly don't recommend running it at that stage anymore so putting the extra invest in is nothing I recommend.Astral Forge Effect Worth it?: NoBosses: BWaves: CUsability: D
I know the game is relatively fresh so expect more weapons, evolution skills and game modes to pop up in Survivor.io and I will adapt this list here as things change. I still feel it’s important to give you a solid guide to start out rather to wait some months.
More weapon tier lists for similar games: