With the release of version 1.8 of Survivor.io, the developers introduced the ability to select between multiple survivors in the game – all have different abilities and strengths. In this guide, I will give you everything you need to know about them so you can focus on the right ones and get the most out of them.
Level Up Survivors in Survivor.io
So, it’s not just about multiple survivors that you can run, you will also get the ability to level them up with so-called Energy Essence that you will get as new resource from Quick Patrol. The higher you are in chapters, the more you get and the higher you have risen your survivors in level, the more expensive it gets to level them up.
But there’s a more exciting part to know about:
As you can see, leveling up one survivor (and that applies to each one of them) to Level 40 and Level 80, will give ALL of your survivors a boost – this system is similar to what the developers did in Archero and means you simply can’t just focus on one survivor to level up, you always should increase all their levels to Level 40 and then Level 80 to get the additional boost that will make a difference.
The Best Survivors in Survivor.io (Ranked)
Alright, with that out of the way let’s take a look at the survivors individually and rank them by their performance (I update this ranking with every new update). Please mind, the outcome is not only what survivor you use, it’s also about picking the right skills during battle and using the right gear and best weapon.
- Master YangS+Easily the best survivor in terms of stat scaling and benefits and also his ability is extremely strong. I mean he is the first S-Grade survivor so there is no doubt that he will be a notch stronger than any other survivor but absolutely no survivor a F2P should be afterExclusive Skill: S+
- KingSKing is all about increasing crit rate and damage and she (yes, she!) will start dealing extreme damage against mob crowds as well as single-target objectives like bosses as crits simply increase the damage output so her skills scale naturally extremely wellExclusive Skill: Increases her crit rate in 8%-steps for each level through her skill and once you EVO it you will get flat +50% crit rate and +25% crit damage which is pretty insane.Access: Season Pass/PaidExclusive Skill: S+
- WormAWorm is THE character to run in Enders Echo with as increasing damage the way he does is mandatory to get a high position. Still, for most players who won't spend money on the game not a universal great one + I really don't like the fact that he will stuff up one of the passive skill slots with his Listening Bug skill that can't evolve or help evolve anything.Exclusive Skill: Increases damage dealt in a growing area by 10% (first one) to 50% (if you have maxed the Listening Bug)Access: Season Pass/PaidExclusive Skill: A
- TsukiyomiB+Tsukiyomi shares the same stats with all other survivors but her ability, a slash that will deal damage in front of her and give you a lot of freedom makes a huge difference compared to the other survivors you see in the game right now. Great to deal with hordes or mobs but struggles more against bosses.Exclusive Skill: Her Moonshade Slash that evolves into the Moonhalo Slash is an area slash comparable with the mechanics of the Katana that turns into a 360 degree pulse dealing great damage.Access: Season Pass/PaidExclusive Skill: A+
- CatnipBCatnip is released alongside with Tsukiyomi as the first new survivor in the game and shares the same base stats as her - his special ability, however, is creating a healing area. I know it is an ever-lasting debate of more damage vs healing... but the healing does not help me out that much when I am in a wave that will hen just get me down a few seconds later while the slash that Tsukiyomi creates will give me some release and help more.Exclusive Skill: His healing drone does pretty much the same as the passive Energy Drink skill although heals more. Not too great and although you can free up the slop by emerging it into a Destroyer Drone it is not that overwhelming, tbhAccess: GemsExclusive Skill: C+
- CommonC+Common survivor is the first and initial one and although many players think he's the worst of all, he's actually the most universal to use, has no special skill that cloggs up a slot and his passive skill scales on percentage. Yes, characters like Worm might be slightly better for Enders Echo to Tsukiyomi for some Special Ops, but Common is just universally solid and works and economically makes most sense for F2PExclusive Skill: A passive buff that will not take any skill slot and gives 5% extra skill damage that everyone can use.Access: FreeExclusive Skill: B+
- YelenaCSuper weird mechanics and I don't say she is bad, but other survivors are so good plug-and-play so why go with her weird kit instead?Exclusive Skill: B
- WessonD+His grenades are cool but have quite a long cooldown. If you max him out you have a strong and powerful survivor with the ability to take out everything on screen but the invest and the long cooldown just doesn't make it feel that strong after after months of running now, he is honestly pretty lackluster compared to the other survivors in the gameAccess: Season Pass/PaidExclusive Skill: B+
- SpongebogD+Welcome to the controversy - in the eyes of a fan, Spongebob is adorable and I love him but in the eyes of a games looking for the best performance, he is not. His exclusive replaces your weapon ability and is not the strongest in terms of damage (the Spatula) and the real money you have to invest to get him evolved is just not worth it. I love that they brought him to the game, but not the way they did. I actually want to rank him lower not as after the event there's no way to really work on him more.Exclusive Skill: Spatula attacks the nearest enemy but replaces, when evolved, your primary weapon abilities and only keeps the stats.Access: EventExclusive Skill: B+
- SquidwardDTo be fair at the end of the day, his ability is alright against waves but there are enough skills to handle it and his exclusive ability replaces your main weapon ability so you only keep the stats and against bosses this can end up badly. I would only get him and enhance him to Level 40 for the additional crit on all survivors and that's it.Exclusive Skill: Plays his clarinet and attacks enemies in a area around himAccess: FreeExclusive Skill: C
I hope this guide helps you to use the right strategy to upgrade your heroes and choose the right hero to use in battle – if you have questions or want me to add anything, please comment below.