During battles when you level up your EXP, you get different skill options presented that you can select from – so far so good, but you not only have 13 weapon skills to choose from, you also can combine them with 12 support skills to combine them in Evolution Skills.
That sound complicated? Well, It’s not but let me walk you through how Evolution Skills work in Survivor!.io and then also talk about my recommendations what skills you should pick first.
Important! Please also check out the active gift codes list we have here, it’s frequently updated and there’s normally always a couple of active codes available.
Best Evolution Skill Tier List
Before we talk about the different ones, here you can see a full overview of all weapon evolution skills in Survivor!.io So, to make sure there’s no misunderstanding, if you want, let’s say, to get the Demon Blade, you will need to get katana to 5-Star and also get at least 1-Star Ronin Oyori to be able to pick up the Demon Blade.
But let’s now talk about which Evolution Skills are great and which ones are rather meh…
Important! If you check your stats at the end to see the total damage done by each one you need to mind that the skills you pick first will automatically deal much more damage and they are not cumulated right – also, they seem to take overkill in account, meaning that a mine that deals 5x enemies with insane damage get the full insane damage accounted instead the net damage they dealt… so don’t trust that chart too much…
As the state of the skills is right now, there’s no real ‘bad’ one, but there are differences and I think we mainly need to classify them into two categories – single target and area target skills.
New: Please also check out the new ranking of the survivors here.
General EVO Skills
These skills can be picked up no matter what survivor hero you run.
- Thunderbolt Power CellSpacks a nice punch and also help when dealing with single-target bosses when there's nothing else on the map, but doesn't shine too much early as you still need area damage and single-target damage. Once you have the tech part that gives +2 bolts to all levels, it really should be your go-to first choice skill and will also carry early on. Fully maxed with all EVO maxed, it will strike fast and deal area damage and simply be the skill that deals the most damage across the board. Attention! Read the Modular Mine description below if you want to EVO the Mine with Thunderbolt Mine!How to get: You need to get the Lightning to 5-Star and have at least one Energy Cube passive skill as well and then you can pick up the EVO version, the Thunderbolt Power CellTech Part: The epic tech part adds +2 bolts while the legend parts adds additional splash damagenon-EVO Version: A+EVOLUTION Version: Sw. Tech Part (Epic): S+w. Tech Part (Legend): S+
- Weapon EvolutionSas your primary weapon also has a evolution ability and it already blocks one weapon skill slot, getting this evolution skill is also very important and something to go for in all situations. None of them is terrible and some even extremely good, please refer to my weapon guide linked below for deeper information as this would be too much here at this point to add.How to get: You need to get your primary weapon skill to 5 Star and then pick up the passive skill needed to unlock the EVO skill.Tech Part: no tech part for weapons available
- CaltropsA+Durian was added in the 1.4 Update and is quite effective, especially when EVO with a huge size, dealing massive damage and also shooting more projectiles. Also against bosses it snowballs quite well and ramps up a good punch. With the tech part on Epic, you will also reduce the spread so it becomes much more viable early and makes more area damage that will actually protect you, the full tech part with the bleed isn't that much of an impact which makes it even more viable as you don't need to invest that much to make it awesome.How to get: You need to take Durian to 5 Star and then you need at least 1 passive copy of HE Fuel, the same the RPG uses to EVO.Tech Part: The epic tech part makes the Durian stick closer to you which adds a lot earlier in a stage, the bleeding effect from the legend tech part isn't thatnoticablenon-EVO Version: B+EVOLUTION Version: Aw. Tech Part (Epic): A+w. Tech Part (Legend): A+w. Tech Part (Eternal): A+
- Quantum BallA+Quantum Ball is quite a nice skill and has been growing more and more on me, also with the increased damage the tech part adds for it. It hits reliable and deals its damage from start to finish and even gets some bonus from some passive skills, so not a bad one.How to get: Combine the Football at 5 Star with at least one level of passive Sneaker skill to unlock the QUantum Ball.Tech Part: With the extra damage you get with the epic tech part, you get a great boost. The legend duration buff of one additional second is nice and, considering the speed of the Quantum Ball with all the copies is also a nice improvement, too.non-EVO Version: C+EVOLUTION Version: B+w. Tech Part (Epic): Aw. Tech Part (Legend): A+w. Tech Part (Eternal): S
- Inferno MineA+A very powerful version of the mine, dealing so much damage that even bosses will feel it and the size and spread is large enough to cover big parts of the map, really useful.How to get: You need to 5 Star the regular Mine and then merge it with any number of Molotov skills, but mind that the Molotov skill MUST NOT BE EVOLVED and it will be removed after merging!Tech Part: No tech part for Mines available right now.non-EVO Version: C+EVOLUTION Version: A+
- Whistling ArrowAThe Whistling Arrow is working great and once you got some on the map and the improved speed, it will take out some mobs as it will pierce and take out any mob it touches on the way. Although the Epic tech part only improves speed, you will feel the improvement and once EVO, it will become a targeting arrow. Works effectively and homes into mobs and with the maxed tech part you will get even two of them. Also a great pick that I most of the times get.How to get: You need to get the Drill Shot to 5 Star and than have at least 1 passive skill level of the Ammo Thruster to unlock the EVO skill version.Tech Part: The epic tech part will make it quicker and the legend one will basically diplicate it so you have two arrows around. For me probably one of the strongest tech parts and improvements of any skill in Survivor.ionon-EVO Version: C+EVOLUTION Version: Bw. Tech Part (Epic): B+w. Tech Part (Legend): Aw. Tech Part (Eternal): A
- Destroyer DroneAwith the release of the tech parts I ranked this up to a higher tier now as the homing effect that will make it target mobs in your surroundings make it so much more effective, even on the lower levels. Also the fact that you will free up one slot once EVO with the two drones merged into the Destroyer makes it a great pick and one that I enjoy. You can also use it against bosses when you get into range and it will start shooting all bullets on the boss.How to get: You need to combine a full 5 Star Drone Type A with a full 5 Star Drone Type B to EVO it, takes more skills but will free up one weapon skill slot and also you have no passive skill you need to pick up.Tech Part: The biggest improvement is the homing the epic tech part already provides, the missiles won't just shoot randomly around you but aim for mobs and make it a lot more versatile in lower star levels.non-EVO Version: CEVOLUTION Version: C+w. Tech Part (Epic): B+w. Tech Part (Legend): A
- DefenderAcan be squishy at the lower levels and is borderline for me know between A Tier and B Tier... deals efficiently with mobs but can be tricky until you get it to a higher stage or EVO. Then you can even catch incoming bullets with it and once spinning fast you can basically run through mob waves. I think as a rule of thumb you should pick it if you have troubles at that stage with mob waves, especially early to mid part of the stage. If not, take one of the above to get more damage in as it will become less effective when it comes to scale damage compared to skills like Thunderbolt.How to get: You need 5 Star of Guardian and then add one copy of the passive skill Exo-Bracer to evo it.Tech Part: The epic version with the added knockback is useful whereas the pulsing the legend tech parts add will not dramatically change the kit of this skillnon-EVO Version: D+EVOLUTION Version: Bw. Tech Part (Epic): B+w. Tech Part (Legend): Aw. Tech Part (Eternal): A
- Fuel BarrelAA huge fire area that will burn everything on the map. Nice area damage and also decent as mobs and everything will be permanently in it for the reason of its size.How to get: You need to 5 Star the Molotov skill and then add at least one copy of the passive skill Oil Bonds to merge it into the EVO version.Tech Part: The tech part is not that exciting, just raising the diameter of the fire spread and adding some additional damage taken effect that won't change the world but contributes well to the kit.non-EVO Version: CEVOLUTION Version: Bw. Tech Part (Epic): B+w. Tech Part (Legend): Aw. Tech Part (Eternal): A
- Thunderbolt MineB+The EVO version of the regular mine with Thunderbolts coming out of the side spreading some more area of effect damage when they go off, less effective than Inferno Mine with less damage.How to get: You need to 5 Star the regular Mine and then merge it with any number of Lightning skills, but mind that the Mightning skill MUST NOT BE EVOLVED and it will be removed after merging!Tech Part: No tech part for Mines available right now.non-EVO Version: C+EVOLUTION Version: B+
- DumbbellB+deal massive damage, especially against bosses and also is helpful against mobs as well. I personally don't like the EVO mechanics, though. At 5-Star, it will be thrown at the boss and deals good damage, while the EVO version starts going in 6 different directions but without targeting. But I take it to damage a boss.How to get: You need to have the weapon skill Brick at 5 Star and then add one copy of the passive skill Fitness Guide to evo it.Tech Part: While the epic part will make the Brick penetrate and adds a lot more damage to it, the legend tech part with the swirling effect turns it in some kind of Magnetic Dart so nothing that's too great overall and something you neccessarily have to go for.non-EVO Version: BEVOLUTION Version: Bw. Tech Part (Epic): B+w. Tech Part (Legend): B+
- Pressure ForcefieldBis super convenient and I had a hard time ranking it. Especially in earlier stages great and early with low stars you can run through mobs without minding much but the damage falls off later and also combining it with other area abilities doesn't work that well. It you can use it to slow down mobs, which can be useful, but I personally appreciate more damageHow to get: You need to get Forcefield to 5 Star and have one copy of the passive skill Energy Drink to evolve it.Tech Part: The epic tech part that makes the field smaller but then also improves the damage make it better without a doubt, while the legend version with the added EXP gain is neglactable.non-EVO Version: CEVOLUTION Version: C+w. Tech Part (Epic): Bw. Tech Part (Legend): B
- Death RayCadded in the 1.4 Update and can be annoying. Deals okay-ish damage but the targeting should be in place and is best used in vertical maps. With the evolution it has a circle around you that turns inwards so goes well with mobs running towards you, but lacks some final damage to make it really strong and I hate how it cloaks up my view. One of the ones that you CAN make work well with very many other conditions in place - or you pick a better one above and have less issues...How to get: You need to get the Laser Launcher to 5 Star and then merge into the passive skill Energy CubeTech Part: The slowing effect of the epic tech part is nice and the legend will add the snaring effect against bosses but overall just feels lackluster with the whole kit mechanicnon-EVO Version: D+EVOLUTION Version: Cw. Tech Part (Epic): Cw. Tech Part (Legend): C
- Magnetic DartCmy least favorite area damage pick, tbh. It's not really area damage before EVO and after that it will float out and not hit the closest enemies that makes it unreliable for dealing with zombie waves, I actually like the non-evo version almost better before it changes into the weird area mechanic.How to get: Get the Boomerang to 5 Star and then also get one passive skill Hi-Power Magnet to evolve it.Tech Part: The epic version will reset the cooldown when you catch the Boomerang, so basically the closer the mobs are the faster you fire the boomerang and you will feel that difference. The legend version is kind of meh as the whole mechanic is bad.non-EVO Version: BEVOLUTION Version: Cw. Tech Part (Epic): Cw. Tech Part (Legend): C
Special EVO Skills
These skills can only be used when you run a certain survivor hero.
- Survivor InstinctS+Easily the best skill out there, adding more crit rate and even crit damage when EVO with only one downside - you have to run King as survivor hero or you can't get it. The additional crit just scales with every other skill and all damage so well, it's hard to compare any other skill to it.How to get: You have to run King as survivor and you will be able to get itnon-EVO Version: SEVOLUTION Version: S+
- Sunfire PalmS+Great overall in terms of damage and once leveld up Master Yang, this becomes incredibly strong with all the benos and the 6_star increases crit damage incrediblyHow to get: You have to run Master Yang as your active survivorEVOLUTION Version: S
- Lunar FrostSis basically a Moonhalo Slash that slows down enemies that will enter your radius down a little bit.How to get: You have to have Moonhalo Slash and Katana OR Lightchaser weapon evolved and then you get this presented as an option for a next skill pickup (only vailable with Tsukiyomi)EVOLUTION Version: S
- Lunar EternitySIs basically a Moonhalo Slash with a little bit more damage dealtHow to get: You have to have Moonhalo Slash and Katana OR Lightchaser weapon evolved and then you get this presented as an option for a next skill pickup (only vailable with Tsukiyomi)EVOLUTION Version: S
- Moonhalo SlashA+With the Moonshade Slashes, the exclusive skill for Tsukiyomi, you will get slashed in front of you that deal nice damage and grow in size and deal more damage as you start them up. With the EVO version, this turns into a 360 degree pulse around you which is pretty effective.How to get: You can only pick up the Moonshade Slash weapon skill when you're running the new survivor Tsukiyomi and then get it to 5 Star and combine it with the passive skill Ronin Oyari, the same the Lightchaser and the Katana uses to merge it into it's EVO version.non-EVO Version: AEVOLUTION Version: S
- Divine DestroyerAThe Divine Destroyer is the combination of the Destroyer Drone with the Medi-drone without any additional benefits than just combining them so you free up a slot, there no added damage or healingHow to get: You need to build the Destroyer Drone and then fuse it with a fully built Medi-drone, that you can onnly get as weapon skill when you're using the new hero Catnip in battle.Tech Part: shares tech part with Destroyer DronEVOLUTION Version: A
- Holo ProjectionADeals actually decent damage when using it in chaptersHow to get: You have to run Yelena and then evolve her basic skill Automatic Pistols along the Sport ShoesEVOLUTION Version: A
- Drillmaster's FuryB+Nice damage and absolutely nice overall, but the cooldown is quite long and the EVO get you even more damage but also more cooldown, this is why I don't rank it higher.How to get: You have to run Wesson as your hero and then pick up Grenades and have Hi-Power Bullet as your passive to EVO it.EVOLUTION Version: A
- Hydro-Dynamic SpatulaB+The targeting is not bad as you will attack the nearest enemy, but it replaces the abilities of your primary weapon and only keeps the stats.How to get: Evolve the primary weapon while running Spongebob Squarepants as your survivorEVOLUTION Version: A
- Listening BugB+increases range and scales all damage taken in that range to up to +50%. Kind-of cloaks up a slot in an general feels like just designed around Enders Echo.How to get: Only available when you play Worm as character and you can't evolve it, it's purely a passive skill.Tech Part: no tech part available, only shares the one with Destroyer Drone when merged into Divine Destroyernon-EVO Version: B
- ClarinetC+Area damage but bad against bosses and it will replace the abilities of your primary weapon and only keep the stats.How to get: Evolve the primary weapon while running Squidward as your survivorEVOLUTION Version: B
- Medi-droneC+Creates a healing area aroun you. I'm really not excited about it as you get the same healing for running the Energy Drink passive skill and you can only run it with CatnipHow to get: You are able to pick it up as active weapon skill when you use Catnip as survivor in battle.Tech Part: no tech part available, only shares the one with Destroyer Drone when merged into Divine Destroyer
Evolution Skills in Survivor!.io…
Okay, the basics first. Every time you pick up these small crystals, your EXP raises and once the bar is full, you will be able to select one of 3 skills.
This also happens randomly once you beat a boss, but let’s exclude that from this guide to streamline the process. So, you can either pick weapon skills (like Katana, Drill, Guardian, etc.) and also level them up themselves until they reach their full 5-Star potential.
But here’s the thing, 5-Star is not the maximum potential and you can Evo them by picking the according support skill. What skill fits what weapon is shown below the selection where you see the small ‘EVO:…’ printed
So, once you have the skill then at 5-Star and you have the Evolution Skill activated as well (Level 1 is enough), you will be able to pick up the Evolution, as you can see here:
This is, in short, how you can get the Evolution Skills in Survivor!.io and they are the strongest ones to have. The only problem… well, you can’t get all of them. So, in my next section we’ll be taking a look which ones you should favor.
Important! Do not randomly pick all skills you see and think ‘oh, well, I will evo them by the end anyway…’! There is a cap and you can never have more than 5 weapon skills and 6 support skills, after that you will only get healing or gold bonus skills offered:
Your primary geared weapon, of course, is the 1st mandatory set weapon skill.
Best Strategy To Pick Skills
So, it can happen that you will have to pick skills you don’t want so you need to be a little strategic, especially in the beginning.
If you have a chest and you have the Evolution Skill and the Weapon Skill at 5-Star, you#re guaranteed to get the Evolution Upgrade 🙂
So, my tip is to also let the boss chests sit for some time until you can take it for the guaranteed Evolution Skill instead of getting some random support skills!
I hope you see that it’s important to understand not just to pick what skill seems good in that situation or randomly; it’s also a lot about planning ahead in terms of picking support evolution skills for weapon skills you want to max and so on. I’m pretty sure we will soon see more skills to be added to the game and it will get a lot more interesting in terms of options you will have.
Best Skills Guides for similar games: