Are you having problems with members constantly breaking your Clan rules? I know a lot of Clan Leaders struggling with running a Clan, who invest lots of time in managing everything. This post is intended to show all responsible Clashers how to make a successful Clan without having to kick and check all members all the time. With the right recruiting methods you can get worthy members for your Clans.
Why recruiting correctly is the most important thing when running a Clan
Members who only request troops or who donate the wrong troops or who farm in Clan War… these are issues that probably 93% (roughly estimated 😉 ) of all Clashers face. Your Clan is a combined force of all members. It can only be successful when all members have the same intention and goals – not only in Clan War. Having a good Clan means members support and help each other. Let’s face it, a selfish and childish clan-hopper will never become a generous and loyal member, so lets look at my recruiting tips to make sure they don’t end up in your Clan.
Don’t accept Clan Hoppers!
Like I said, you cannot change the mindset of a player, so you simply don’t want to have Clan Hoppers in your clan. It’s hard to tell if someone is a Clan Hopper and I don’t want to build a picture of mistrust. Everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves as a loyal member, but read here some hints to see if a new recruit might be a clan hopper.
It’s all about quality – not quantity
Most clans have a simple way to recruit. Accept almost everyone that can fit, progress and then kick out the ones who break the rules. I cannot recommend this method because you will inevitably find some trolling pricks.
You have two mayor problems:
- It’s hard work to watch new members and kick them when they start fooling around with other members (this is your own time you have to invest!)
- Loyal clan members get frustrated because they have to deal with that and might consider leaving the clan (if you’re in the situation like this check out my post why you should NOT just leave your Clan)
How can you get only quality recruits? To be honest, this is a much slower process than just mass-accepting, but you should mind these things:
- Set up a proper Clan Description to let recruits know what your Clan is all about! I made a post a couple weeks ago, what you should put in your Clan Description to really stand out
- Check out new recruits!
- Take a look at their Experience Level to get a first impression of the player you have in front of you.
- Check out their base. If they are pretty rushed, they might get you into trouble in Clan War. Do you know a solid Clasher with a wrecked rushed base?
Where to recruit new members
The most common way is promoting your Clan. You can use global chat or just wait until people come across your Clan when searching for a Clan. The first one is simply horrible – have a silent look at the global chat for 5 minutes and really ask yourself if there was one person there you want to have in your Clan… I doubt there is.
If you don’t want to wait ages for new recruits, you may have to get active yourself. There are several places online that might get you the attention of worthy Clashers:
When you start recruiting, make a recruitment post that grabs attention! Don’t simply write, “We need members”…. make a full post why your Clan is worth joining.
Thanks for editing: EnchinsuOcha