Pets are everyone’s best friend, right? Well, pets are called monsters in Idle Heroes and despite the less appealing name they are indeed your best friend because they will provide your time with an aura bonus and an active skill that will help you during your battles.
With the amount of different monsters (or pets, however you want to call them) you have a different spot not only to choose the one that will work best for you – it’s also expensive and time-consuming to max them out and you don’t want to invest in a monster that will be useless later, right?
The thing is, when you get first access to monsters they will boost your team simply because you haven’t had the chance to use them before – but you will get to a point where the monster needs to be in line with your team to get the biggest bang for your buck, that’s the reason why I have created this guide here.
Int he first section I have a ranked table for you to give you an overview in what game modes and game stages the monsters work best and below I have you my opinion and more details to each monster in Idle Heroes so you can pick your choice based on quality information 🙂
Also, make sure to check out my list of active gift codes in Idle Heroes, normally there’s always at least one code active that will give you some extra rewards.
Monster (Pet) Tier List Ranking
Let’s make it quick here, that’s the ranking table for the monsters in Idle Heroes:
- PhoenixSNo questions here that Phoenix is the most important monster that you should build on every single account first. Best for every game mode. Baseline damage, crit damage, heal, burn and stacking damage against burning targets makes it overpowered in all PvE scenarios. This list can go on and on but I make it short - invest in Phoenix and you won't regret it!
- LionAThe brand-new monster and the 2nd monster you should build on your account. Great stats with holy damage and crit damage reduction paired with the active ability of giving 30% shield. This is why it's here rather than the Deer that will do 20% healing that can overheat... shields can't get wasted and makes Lion really strong.
- DragonAThe Dragon has a lot of great uses and is viable in many game modes. You'll get crit and crit damage with it with a chance to stun plus Holy Damage. Pretty well-rounded and worth the spot here.
- FoxB+Fox is a nice monster, no question, but the ones above should be higher in priority to you. You get precision and skill damage and silence enemies but, bottom line, the main reason why Fox is a useful monster is for the reason of the 62 energy it will give your allies so can get the actives rolling.
- GriffinB+Pretty nice offensively with precision and holy damage. Reduce armor and enemy speed and is really strong for PvP. If you're heavily invested into PvP, what most players are not, you really want Griffin but most other players actually get away using other monsters as well.
- DeerBUsed to be better and with additional armor and block buff good defensive. The heal can easily overhead but overall there are other monsters above that do the job better. My take... if you already built the Deer you will have a great time using it. If you haven't built it, rather invest into the monsters higher in the list.
- WolfBThe Wolf can be a beast with certain setups but that's quite niche to make him better than he is. He will give armor break, which is pretty much useless as only teams that remove armor will run Wolf effectively.
- Ice GolemCGives precision and holy damage which synergizes well with certain cheese setups. Has a chance to freeze and buffs damage against frozen tragets but there are no good heroes that freeze right now and it's also super rare that freeze will stick, otherwise higher in priority.
- SnakeCThe Snake gives skill damage and block which is kind of a weird combination and the only reason to build it would be if you have all monsters built except Snake and Stone Golem.
- Boulder GolemDGives armor and precision, so offense and defense and has petrify. Not specifically bad but I think you should build all other monsters before building the Stone Golem.
That’s it, if you feel that I made a horrible mistake or I should update the list please post a comment below 🙂
More tier list for best pets in similar games: