I wanted to write this guide because still many people tend to have problems with their epic buildings. Some struggle with getting the higher tier or enough epic points simply because they have the wrong strategy or expectation.
In this guide you will find the perfect strategy to use and get your epic project done in SimCity BuildIt.
Epic Projects In SimCity BuildIt
Once you unlocked the Department of Epic Projects (Level 16), you can start developing epic buildings – those are the really big skyscrapers and they will develop speed up token pieces for you that will help you a lot in the future.
There’s normally three stages of an epic building:
- It pops up in your city and you can start the epic building
- You get 24 hours to get as many epic points as possible
- Once these 24 hours are over the amounf of epic points you collected determine if you get a bronze, silver or gold epic building (that’s the color of speed up tokens this epic building will produce later
Gold VS Silver VS Bronze
So, an epic building isn’t like any other epic building – the more epic points you collected during the building time the better it will be and you always want to go for the gold epic project because those speed up tokens are the best.
Normally when you first start building epic buildings in SimCity BuildIt, it’s impossible to get a gold one because you simply need the speed up tokens (unless you spend a ton of simoleons on the trade depot to get the epic points needed… I mean A LOT!)
So rather look at that as tiers so you first go for the bronze ones untill you get a good amount of bronze Speed Up Tokens that will help you build silver epic projects and with them you can boost enough to get your gold epic buildings done.
Best Strategy To Build Epic Buildings
So, without further ado, let’s jump right into the best tactic to get your epic projects done in SimCity BuildIt 🙂
#1 – Do NOT Start The Epic Building Without Preparation
If you see an epic project popping up in your city you should make sure that you have:
- large stock and also some good free stock capacities to fulfill the tasks for your epic points
- enough simoleons, if you’re below §100,000 you should be clear that you probably won’t even get the silver status done
- Produce items that are not easy to get and that take a lot of time (and are not often available in the Trade Depot) – I mean things like Popcorn, Burgers, Fruit, Backpacks and so on
Honestly, I know you can’t wait to start it, but do this and you will see it will be a lot easier than having another bronze epic building in your city!
#2 – The Right Start Time
Building the epic project will last exactly 24 hours and I recommend you to start it at the late afternoon or early evening.
Here’s how my normal schedule for completing is:
- Start Late Afternoon – now I can complete the epic point tasks that are easy to get and those I have my pre-made items in stock (see above) or that I can get cheap and easy from the Trade Depot
- Before Sleep – Fill all your factory queues with items you will need for the tasks, especially those that take a long time to make should be in queue now so they are done in the morning
- In The Morning – Now you can finish the tasks with the items you produced while you’ve been asleep. Time to start your queues again with the items that take a longer time needed because now you probably have to go to school or work
- Afternoon – Complete as many tasks as possible to reach your desired status, if you have the money to get enough points for the next one invest it, it’s worth it!
I think this is the best way to get the epic buildings done 🙂
#3 – Speed Up Tokens
Speed Up Tokens are your best friend here and I know you’re all in different stages while some have many of them and others don’t.
The rule is still simple.
You only want to use Speed Up Tokens on factories and items that you can make full use of. So, let’s say you need to produce a lot of nails for one task, why would you use a speed up token for that? They are fast to produce and chances are high that you won’t make much use of the Speed Up Token. Rather think about using it for those things that take a long time OR things that you can get done before you have a real-life break (e.g. school, work, sleep etc.)
#4 – Use The Right Specialization
You get epic points from tasks, but tasks will only spawn in buildings that have the same specializations in SimCity BuildIt as your epic project. Let’s say you have 2 gambling buildings and you get en epic project for gambling, you omly will get epic point tasks from the single left gambling building so it’s pretty much impossible to reach the top tier with only one task (you can’t produce items for tasks simultaniously).
In that case you should transfer the epic project to a building with a specialization that you have multiple buildings on.