Are you struggling with what heroes you should focus on in Ace Defender? It’s not just about the ones to run, it’s also to plan what heroes you should prioritize building in the future. Also, some heroes might appear strong early or mid-game in Ace Defender but fall off later, while others are not that great early and then grow stronger and stronger the more you level them up.
To help you decide which ones are good investments and which ones are not, I have created this tier list below.
Also, really important, if you want to learn more about building a good team in Ace Defender, please check out my guide on team building here.
Description of the Tiers/What is a Tier List
A Tier list helps us define what different grade heroes fall under. Which heroes should you spend on, farm for, or save your crystals to pull. The list also helps you decide which heroes can help you easily through the early stages and which are for the late and end game. Finally, it will also tell you which heroes are best for particular modes.
What I Focused on Making the Tier List
This Tier list is more focused on free-to-play players in which most players might not agree with those who spend money on banners and get more premium currency. The only problem with free-to-play is that you are limited to the diamonds you can earn, limiting the characters you can achieve during the game’s progression.
Important! Don’t miss out on free rewards in Ace Defender as the developers post new gift codes frequently. Refer to our frequently updated list of active codes in Ace Defender here.
The Ace Defender Tier List
Alright, let’s not waste any more time and go directly into the tier list of the best heroes in Ace Defender.
- TiburonS+He is one of the best hero for free to play and easily considered the MVP because of his passive skills and adding survivability to your other characters. I highly recommended to buy him for the Gold Leafs, he will help you progress more than any other hero and best in Expeditions, Trials Tower, PvP, etc.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: LightClass: Mage
- NordilS+Heroes that belong here are Nordil and Sabnak, for sure, but Nordil is more readily available now due to being available in the Devil Hero Shard Selection Chest. Though if I want to compare him to Sabnak, he doesn’t compete with him in terms of damage.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: DivineClass: Ranger
- VladirSVladir grants lifesteal to the entire team, and at level 141, he can grant a DEF bonus to the Hero behind him for one turn, which is best for supporting your carries. He is a bit difficult to get and is available in the Silver Leaf Store, but a really great option hat helps your whole team to sustain.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: ShadowClass: Warrior
- SerenirSShe is a Deity hero and better than other carriers in the lower tiers; plus, she is readily available through the Black Market (though a bit expensive). The other problem that may arise for some is going for her or a Deity artifact. Now depending on how you are progressing in the game, you can decide. She has an immunity shield, AoE attack, and increased crit damage, making her sit in the S-Tier.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: DivineClass: Ranger
- FenglingSI rank her among the best two Holy Light heroes in Ace Defender because of her high damage and best to take down front row characters. That's not all; she can reduce the enemies' accuracy, making them miss more often, making her a very strong character. The only downside to her is that she is tough to farm and available in the Silver Leaf Store.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: DivineClass: Ranger
- ZoltanSHe is the best hero to be gifted right at the beginning when you start playing Ace Defender due to his very high single-target damage while granting himself a shield and life steal. You get one epic copy of him by logging in for 7-days at the start. He is available to drop in the Silver Leaf, which is very difficult to come by, so evolving him can be difficult but he can stun and be quite tanky.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: NatureClass: Support
- AngeliaSShe is one of the best heroes in the Nature faction in Ace Defender because of her increased dodge and attack while decreasing enemies' attacks. She can also charm the enemies to do basic attacks for her making her an excellent placeholder for S-Tier. She would be in S+ if she were a bit more farmable.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: NatureClass: Ranger
- BathorianA+Rarity: ImmortalFaction: ShadowClass: Ranger
- EnidA+A great hero with a great kit and her main attack damages all enemies with DoT plus increasing her attack damage and can proc life steal to survive longer in fights. She would be in S-Tier if she were farmable in the Alliance Store or the Arena Store. Currently, she sits in the A-tier and is still a fantastic character.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: ShadowClass: Mage
- MargeriaA+While many players think she isn't that good, they miss the point that even at lower ranks, Margeria can easily hold her own in fights and even in the later stages of ACe Defender with a decent artifact. She can stun, give DEF buff to the team, debuff to the enemies, and grant attack buff to your team. An overall fantastic character.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: DivineClass: Support
- CharlotteA+Rarity: ImmortalFaction: NatureClass: Support
- ZhanyanAThe last character in the A-Tier, and our books, is the top Tier in the light Heroes. He is terrific for late-game push, and you get an easy copy of him through the expedition. His Rage skill attacks all six enemies plus steals life from them.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: DivineClass: Warrior
- TemerARarity: ImmortalFaction: ShadowClass: Support
- GarrodAAmazing Mage backline hero in Ace Defender as he raises the crit chance of the team during fights which further increases if you have Mooncrest heroes in your team up to 27%. His Rage attack reduces the attack of all enemy members, increasing your chances of winning the fight; plus, he is easily farmable. Great until the late game where you can swap him out with a better mage.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: ShadowClass: Mage
- RegelAHe is a formidable and farmable tank in the game and improves the higher his level is. At level 141, he starts giving bonus DEF and can life steal plus reducing the enemies attacks. He also provides damage reduction for other Mooncrest heroes.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: ShadowClass: Support
- BaserandiRarity: ImmortalFaction: Class:
- ValkyrieAShe is a very likable tank and may be favored by many players. She is a strong character in the early to mid-game but falls in the late game though it depends on how many copies of her you get.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: DivineClass: Tank
- JerozRarity: ImmortalFaction: DivineClass: Warrior
- BaldurRarity: ImmortalFaction: DivineClass: Mage
- ClaybolARarity: ImmortalFaction: NatureClass: Warrior
- HovedeAHovede is the honorable mention in the A-Tier and can go up to level 160 as he is a legendary character. He is mentioned in the A-Tier because of his AoE attack; damaging all enemies with a 35% chance to freeze them is paramount in difficult battles. He is a lot better team player than Theodorette because of his skill kit and mechanics.Rarity: LegendaryFaction: ShadowClass: Warrior
- ValdisB+Rarity: ImmortalFaction: ShadowClass: Warrior
- RexB+Rips is a tank with massive defense reduction, and that too in a column, but that still doesn’t make him a great tank. If the devs increase the damage, he deals or gives him an attack/skill to target all enemies or change the DEF Red to the row instead of the column; then he can become viable. After adjusting his stats, he can move to A or S Tier.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: NatureClass: Warrior
- NorthlidB+Rarity: LegendaryFaction: ShadowClass: Ranger
- KahnyeB+Rarity: LegendaryFaction: NatureClass: Support
- TheodoretteBOne of the heroes that stay at the bottom of Mooncrest heroes list as others have much better skills and passives, plus he is not that easy to farm.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: ShadowClass: Ranger
- AliaBAlia is a great early game character, as you can easily get her through the 7-day login to make a great addition to your early game team. Near the mid-game, most players tend to replace her as they get better options, and that's why she stays in the B-Tier.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: NatureClass: Mage
- DunkusBHe is a great farmable hero early game as he can give a decent DEF bonus to his team, which helps them survive when you don’t have great gear early on. Furthermore, his rage skill grants speed up to his allies, but that can cause problems as he is personally not a fast character.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: NatureClass: Support
- IrazadaBRarity: ImmortalFaction: NatureClass: Warrior
- GilgBRarity: LegendaryFaction: DivineClass: Ranger
- OritokBRarity: LegendaryFaction: DivineClass: Warrior
- ThaurissanBRarity: LegendaryFaction: DivineClass: Ranger
- ReshisBRarity: LegendaryFaction: ShadowClass: Mage
- IllithBRarity: LegendaryFaction: ShadowClass: Support
- PankaBPanka is a slow tank from the Nature faction that might be a good tank when providing the team with a 100% DEF bonus from his rage skill but doesn't have a great attack, so he falls off. He also has excellent Taunt for three turns, but his column attack instead of row attack makes him unfavorable.Rarity: LegendaryFaction: NatureClass: Warrior
- SolzanaBRarity: LegendaryFaction: NatureClass: Mage
- Mr. ChainsawC+Rarity: LegendaryFaction: DivineClass: Warrior
- ArthurC+Rarity: LegendaryFaction: DivineClass: Warrior
- KuzC+Rarity: LegendaryFaction: ShadowClass: Mage
- MalfaC+Rarity: LegendaryFaction: ShadowClass: Mage
- TiaC+Rarity: LegendaryFaction: NatureClass: Tank
- NoraCShe is a light faction Hero known for heals in different metas if you don't already own another hero, but other than that, she falls off in the late game as she doesn't do significant damage.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: DivineClass: Support
- NeptyrCAnother Hero in this list isn't easily farmable as you need to have VIP 6, which takes a long time, and most of us may not have that much time. So that’s why he will stay in B-Tier.Rarity: ImmortalFaction: DivineClass: Tank
- AndrewCRarity: LegendaryFaction: NatureClass: Warrior
- SeliaDCelia is a legendary hero and the honorable mention in this Tier. The attacks she does target all enemies, which can have a 35% chance to silence them on hit. Really good for the early game but suffers from limitations of staying up to the red border and can't evolve any further, so she supports you until you can unlock immortal faction heroes.Rarity: LegendaryFaction: NatureClass: Ranger
- LibezDRarity: LegendaryFaction: WarriorClass: Tank
I hope this list with the descriptions helps you making up your mind which heroes you should go for in the long run (and which ones to only use as long as you need them until you can swap them out). Anyway, if you have further questions about the heroes of Ace Defender or Ace Defender in general or believe I have ranked a hero horribly wrong, just write a comment below and I’ll be happy to reply.
More Tier Lists for similar games:
- Best Heroes in Watcher of Realms
- Idle Heroes Best heroes Tier List
- Infinite Magicraid Legendary & Mythic Heroes Tier List