Are you looking for a deck that you can play with Shang-Chi in it in Marvel Snap? Shang-Chi can open up some interesting possibilities so I feel you will like this guide here – please mind, this guide here is getting the good decks directly from my popular meta decks list and gets updated each time I update my meta decks (at last once or twice per week), so you will never find any outdated decks here that are not flagged as old and outdated.
Is Shang-Chi A Good Card in MARVEL SNAP?
This card is the card that will keep all the high-power cards hidden until the end as nobody wants to reveal them to get them destroyed that easily by a 4-cost Shang-Chi. Use him in any deck to make sure that you can deal with any high-power push your opponent will throw your way..
Shang-Chi in the current meta: The only card that deals with crazy high-power decks and it will not require any specific archetype of decks or combos to enable – he’s the card all high-power cards are afraid of..
Good Synergies with Shang-Chi
Shang-Chi is normally not in your deck to make combos or synergies (although some make sense), you use him to deal with high-power cards your opponent might throw on the board to find your win condition.
The Best Shang-Chi Decks
The decks here are ranked by how well the decks perform in the current meta. As I said earlier in this guide, the table will get updated every time I update the meta deck tier list here automatically!
- Sera ControlS+Control the board but primarily be able to play a lot of cards to counter what your opponent is up to makes this deck very powerful, espcially on the last tunr where you can easily overtakeFuture Prediction: Sera Control is back at the top of the meta after some absence and is the strongest deck right now that you will see being played.
- High EvoA+Using High Evolutionary to add the evolution abilities to the cards without abilities and then play them around Wave to lockdown opponent power and gain synergies and benefitsFuture Prediction: Is a great and reliable deck with potential but only works against the really strong meta decks if you can limit Bounce with Wave or use your Doctor Doom to effectivly play against control decks, so be also able to retreat when you're behind against those top decks.
- Iron PatriotAWith Iron Lad you can copy basically every card in this deck and you are less vulnerable to Enchantress as this is not an ongoing effect so it's harder to shut down.Future Prediction: Not just better through the weekend challenge, Iron Patriot is now able to take it with some of the top tier decks when they don't draw well enough. Still not the reliable potential they have but can be a great deck to run even in the highest ranks.
- Stature Black BoltAA disruptive discarding deck tailored around foring the opponent to discard a card to drop Stature cheaply on the board and scale through Darkhawk and have a ton of reactive cards you get cheaper through Zabu.Future Prediction: Still a deck that you can see in all ranks and can perform well when you draw into your lines but gets more and more trouble recently by bounce, control and evo decks.
- Deathpool Venom DestroyB+Using many destroy synergies, this deck can devlop a lot of power and also handle quite some controlling locations and cards your opponent might throw your way. Overall also a ton of fun to play when you scale up your cards well.Future Prediction: This deck seem to have found a niche-spot in the meta and falls off a little more recently but can still do well in climbing ranks. Still not a deck you will see much in the highest ranks but we'll see what Phoenix Force does with the classic destroy archetype decks in the coming days...
- Zabu DevilHawkBThe evolution of the initial Darkhawk deck that created a ton of buzz in January and post-Zabu nerf this is the deck still on the very top with cards that increase your handsize to scale Devil Dinosaur and shuffle rocks inot your opponents deck to scale up your Darkhawk.Future Prediction: This deck has been declining steadily in the meta and I think we see quite an end to the handsize archetype unless there will be a significant balance change to one of the important cards in thsi deck
- Basic ControlThe classical control deck, using cards to interrupt and limit the way your opponent can play his synergies turn by turn with cards that lock down locations, limit the cards your opponent plays or manipulate the energy costs or power of themFuture Prediction: Still annoying to deal with and less about a certain deck type. If you're good at playing a control deck, this deck can still get you very far but compared to other decks above harder to play and doesn't work every single time.
- Handsize DestroyThis is bascially a deck that won't play much on synergy but more on using cards that have great value on their own. Great for beginner players that haven't have many cards unlocked and still working well to compete with other decks and reach a solid rank.Future Prediction: Depends a little on the cards performance but I update with every season/balancing change.
- Move-SpiderA basic move deck with Ghost Spider where you try to scale up your cards that benefit from movement with Ghost Spider as one additionalt rigger cardMeta Dependency: Move is not on top of the meta right now but with Ghost Spider and Silk having more move cards and Beast for some Bounce, this deck has made a niche-role path to the meta. Still, I only recommend it for move enthuisiasts and not for every player
- Good Cards WaveCombining strong cards together that have a lot of potential along Wave to reduce their costs can not only be flexible but also build a lot of power on the board - and with several tech-counter cards you can always limit your opponent well.Future Prediction: Probably the biggest loser of the past weeks and the only way to make this deck work well is if you can use Wave at the right time to disrupt either Lockjaw Combos (especially with Thor's Hammer) or Bounce Decks at the last turn. If you manage that, this deck can still perform solid but retreat whenever you're behind or you will see your cubes and ranks melt
- Toxic Sera ControlThis deck doesn't try to build up much power yourself, it relies on blocking your opponent to synergize through their decks to build much power (Enchantress, Shang-Chi and Killmonger helps a lot) and then using negative effects on their cards to decrease their power and with Hit Monkey at the end you have still the option for a power push.Future Prediction: With some new cards and the strength of Sera, this deck is still and again quite high in the list (although not that commonly played by that many players compared to the other decks here).
- NebuSeraFlood the board and use Nebula to grow and scale your cheap Guardian of the galaxy cards along and then use the cards that benefit from dropping many cards like Bishop Hit Monkey and Wolfsbane to grow even more with Sera in the back reducing the costs of all your cards.Future Prediction: new deck for the Guardians' Greatest Hits Season
- Junk ControlThis deck basically excists only to use disrupting and controlling cards to mess with your opponents synergies. It might requeire some skills to play but will teach you a lot about reading your opponent. This is a force-to-retreat deck that normally doesn't have the value for a showdown but whenever you see your opponent struggling a little or you getting under their skin, snap and let them retreat will help you win. If you see them snap, go out as you normally don't have the showdown value here.Future Prediction: Works around opponents with stronger decks not drawing into their lines. Requires some skill and has little to none showdown value but can gather cubes in the right hands.
- Silver Surfer (Classic)This is one of the classic Silver Surfer decks taht uses a lot of 3-cost cards to flood the board and then scale them up through Silver Surfer at the last turn.Future Prediction: Surprising comeback of this traditional Silver Surfer decks as many 3-costs cards are very strong right now so this is a fused Good-Cards archetype deck with strong 3-costs cards and then Silver Surfer as the cherry on top that holds everything together.
- Magik DisruptWith Viper, Green Goblin and Titania you'll try to flip over Titania as long as you can fill your opponents side to make the swing in the last turn to get that location (see below in the Titania section how to do it) and with Sunspot, She-Hulk and Infinaut you try to build high power on another location to win. This deck is pretty straightforward to play with good capabilities to counter and annoy your opponent into retreating.Future Prediction: A strong disrupt deck that seems to be able to deal with the high-power decks we see right now as well as Thones decks in all variations.
- Hit Monkey BounceA bounce deck that makes card cheaper to make a push with Hit Monkey towards the end.Future Prediction: Starter Deck for playing the Hit Monkey Season, so no data so far how well this deck will perform in the meta.
- Ronan SeraStuffing your opponent's deck with trash card to prevent drawing and also scale up Ronan on your side is a effective deck.Future Prediction: With Master Mold, this deck becomes a lot more efficient to play and it can be really frustrating to face it with the Sentinels that stuff your hand you can't get rid of.
- Aero Moveas with other move decks, you start to build power with your cards that have move synergy before drawing into one of your win-condition lines. With Daredevil you can see their Turn 5 move and you have great counters to heavy-power play cards with Shang-Chi and Enchantess, too. Finally you can completely mess up their final turn play with Aero to take your win condition lanes.Future Prediction: A versatile deck and Daredevil makes it great to counter your opponent and gan great value on Turn 5. Move decks aren't top of the meta right now but this is one of the best ones.
- Basic Devil DinoThe basic Devil Dino deck with many cards that will grow your hand so your Devil Dino at the end will get as powerful as possible. With Moon Girl even clone to drop a Devil Dinosaur on Turn 5 and Turn 6.Future Prediction: Used to be incredibly popular in November 2022 but has been losing popularity since then as there are so many cards that will counter and disrupt Devil Dino these days.
- Leech LeaderThis deck follows less of a synergy in total but it uses cards that are significantly stronger than normal and providing great value on their own. This means they either disrupt enemy synergies well early (Scorpion, Armor, Cosmo) or have great return value for the energy spend (Sunspot, Lizard, Maximus). With White Queen you can draw your opponents win condition Shang Chi destroys any high-power cards, Leech disrupts their last turn, Aero and Magneto move cards around to keep your tiles clean and Leader basically copy your opponents move if you have the lead in 2 locations by the beginning of Turn 6.Future Prediction: Yes, Leader got changed but is still a viable card and you have the other strong cards to find your win condition with this deck.
- P2 DestroyThis is a progressive evolution of the Pool 1 Destruct deck (see below) using some cool new cards that you can unlock in Pool 2. The general destruct cards stay the same, but you can play Killmonger to gain benefits but also counter other decks (like Zoo decks or other destruct decks). With Shang.Chi you can disarm locations easily that use high-power cards or power up early and Hobgoblin can ruin a location for your opponent out of nowhere effectively.Future Prediction: Not outstanding but performing alright given the fact that you use very early cards only in this deck.
- Zabu HandsizeWith Zabu as the great enabler and so many 4-cost cards that suddenly make sense to play along Devil Dinosaur, you have a deck here that is working extremely well with high power for Devil Dino on Turn 5 and then you can even buff him up and bring more power on the boardFuture Prediction: As long as Zabu won't get nerfed, this deck will stay on top of the meta with all those 4-cost cards available that make it so strong.
- ZabuCulaWith Zabu pushing so many 4-cost cards, you can bring a lot action by Turn 5 here and then still push further with high-power cards.Future Prediction: Same as all Zabu decks in the meta right now, as long as Zabu won't get nerfed, they will remain really strong.
- Galactus KangA great deck that uses Kang to place your Galactus perfectly fine at the end and take over the gameFuture Prediction: We'll see where this will go but Kang makes Galactus perform a lot more reliable so I assume we will see him more in the next weeks
- Ghost ControlWorks around Shang-Chi and Enchantress as great and reliable counters through Ghost, reduced by Zabu to form a very stable deck to punish your opponents by revealing second every time.Future Prediction: Not too many right now but I think Ghost will become more popular once more available to more players.
- Quake ControlQuite an off-meta deck that uses locations hifting to steal cubes when opponents snap. Snapping back and gain big but retreat if things are not going your way.Future Prediction: People have reached Infinity with this deck without being in the meta, simply as shifting locations is something players aren#t that aware of but it's not meta-depending.
- Zabu DinosaurCombining good cards that work really well on their own in a handsize deck with Devil Dinosaur works surprisingly well and is a viable and affordable deck right nowFuture Prediction: We always have a deck of 'good cards' each season that make a great deck, this is this season's one.
- Snowguard ControlUse control-heavy cards along Snowguard to push your opponent agisnt the wall by leaving them only little options and taking great locations effects or negate the ones that are not in your favorMeta Dependency: Not a meta deck univerally but sometimes with weird featured locations it can work well to gain some cibes
- DeathstroyDUsing many destroy synergies, this deck can devlop a lot of power and also handle quite some controlling locations and cards your opponent might throw your way. Overall also a ton of fun to play when you scale up your cards well.Future Prediction: Destroy has eaten itself into the meta as quite an accessible niche deck and if you like destroy, this is the deck you can run quite successfully right now
I hope you liked this overview of the best Shang-Chi decks in Marvel Snap today and find them helpful to run one of them this season – I’m sure they will be one of the strongest and you can push your rank quite well with it. If you have questions or annotations to the decks, please don’t hesitate to write a comment below and I’ll be more than happy to reply.