Destroy Decks in MARVEL SNAP revolve around having (lower cost) cards that bring benefits when getting destroyed (like powering up themself or other cards) combined with cards that destroy your cards when played to gain power. The synergy here is to make your destroying cards stronger by destroying cards that give you additional benefits. This also makes it harder to predict for your opponent as you can appear weak in one location and then turn everything around.
In this guide I have several decks for all pools in Marvel Snap that use these synergies and I can tell you, destroy decks are a lot of fun to play and really strong, even in the low pools
The Elements of Destroy Decks
There are 3 key elements of any good destroy deck in Marvel Snap – low cost cards that are feeder cards for your destroy cards (so even when your enemy or a location destroys them you will gain benefits), combined with two destroy cards that gain benefits from destroying cards to strong win-condition cards you can play on the last turns.
What makes destroy decks so strong? In general the synergies you have and the flexibility, but also you don’t necessarily have to draw into your destroy cards and just play along and use your strong end-turn cards to win. You sometimes have many cards on the board or not that many but I normally get a very high win-ratio with destroy decks + they are super fun to play once you got used to it.
The Best Destroy Decks in Marvel SNAP
- She-Hulk BaeroSA great destruct deck where you can gain value directly of your cheap cards (Hood, Bucky Barnes) or feed them cheap into Carnage while reducing the cost of your Death card. With Wave on Turn 5 you can even get Death to 0-cost on Turn 6. The good thing here is, even without drawing into that line, you have Leader to copy your opponent, Aero to move his final push away or She-Hulk to find your win condition.Future Prediction: Destroy decks are very versatile in Marvel Snap as you can always react to what your opponent or some locations will throw in your way and make a comeback out of it. I see this in the meta for a long time to come, maybe with small additions to single cards.
- GalactusSThis deck is really frustrating to deal with for your opponent as you will try to use your Psylocke, Elektro or Wave to draw into your Galactur before Turn 5 and then ruin basically the whole locations except one that will show down on the last turn. Nothing your opponent built up until that will count and you can catch him pretty off guard with it. Espcially with Death getting very cheap on the last turn or if you play Doctor Octopus before Galactus and basically empty your opponents hand or Leech to block all enemy cards' abilities. Very strong and easy to play.Future Prediction: Galactus had one of the highest win rates and cubes per match ratios in the previous season so the devs decided to step it down a little with a small nerf recently so this might fall a little in the next weeks
- Deathpool Venom DestroyB+With so many Pool 3 cards that can destroy, this deck has so much potential. Yes, lower-pool destruct decks sometimes lack drawing into your destroying cards but with now Venom in your hand, too, this deck has great potential and Death as winning condition is a card that also gains power from each single destroyed card as well. My absolute favorite deck and a ton of fun!Future Prediction: Used to work better and with more and more control decks around and Armor and Cosmo being pretty common cards, this deck struggles a little bit recently.
- 2-Lane DestroyerB+A different Pool 3 version of a very good destruct deck is this one here, using Destroyer as the final card. This deck is really interesting as you also use cards to block destroy effects like Armor or Cosmo to make that strong final-turn move. What I like about this deck specifically is that it's not that obvious early on that you're playing a destroy deck so your opponent will get a weaker read on your next moves. In my opinion also a really strong deck that's absolutely worth giving a shot.Future Prediction: Has been getting better, espcially as you see Armor and Cosmo being played by other players, too and this will rather help you than disrupt you
- Handsize DestroyBThis is bascially a deck that won't play much on synergy but more on using cards that have great value on their own. Great for beginner players that haven't have many cards unlocked and still working well to compete with other decks and reach a solid rank.Future Prediction: Depends a little on the cards performance but I update with every season/balancing change.
- P2 DestroyC+This is a progressive evolution of the Pool 1 Destruct deck (see below) using some cool new cards that you can unlock in Pool 2. The general destruct cards stay the same, but you can play Killmonger to gain benefits but also counter other decks (like Zoo decks or other destruct decks). With Shang.Chi you can disarm locations easily that use high-power cards or power up early and Hobgoblin can ruin a location for your opponent out of nowhere effectively.Future Prediction: Not outstanding but performing alright given the fact that you use very early cards only in this deck.
- Basic DestroyCThis is a version that's quite early available with Carnage and Deathlok as your destruct cards and several cheap cost cards to feed to. With Wolverine, Squirrel Girl and Nightcrawler you also have cards to play into locations that get locked and Enchantress is a great meta counter card. Your win condition with Iron Man and Hulk at the end is phenomenal!Future Prediction: Fun to play but with very basic cards and not the best synergies you will not get too far in ranks
Great fun with these decks and I hope you at least try them out and I’m sure you will have not only fun with them but also win a nice bunch ob cubes. Please make sure to also check the linked guides where I explain how to play each deck on the different turns.