I get a lot of emails about hacked or lost accounts and how they can be recovered. Unfortunately, there is no source explaining what options you have when this worst-case scenario strikes – a hacked account. If you’re not in this situation right now, it might still be helpful for future reference.
This tutorial is split into different sections:
- How can your account get hacked?
- What to do to get your account back?
- How to prevent this situation.
Clash of Clans Account Got Hacked
The situation is always the same – you log into the game and you suddenly see things that you didn’t do. Worst case, all your gems and resources are gone, your saved base designs are deleted and your whole base is rearranged in a very bad way.
First of all, it can happen to anyone – even big Youtubers have been hacked:
A pretty bad situation, but I have never heard of a case when somebody actually brute force tried to hack someone because of a Clash of Clans account.
To be honest, I think the term “hacked” doesn’t really fit the case; it’s more that somebody has access to your account at the same time. Here are the reasons this could happen:
- A family member or someone else knows your device lock code and simply did it when you left your device laying around.
- You connected to Clash of Clans on a friend’s device, loaded your village there and this very person can now access your Clash of Clans account at any time.
- You bought your account and the old owner still has access.
- You gave away your account data on some “cheap gems websites” (I hope you didn’t do that!!!!)
I think in 99% of the cases is one of the 3 things above.
Recover Hacked Account
Here’s step by step what you need to do to get back your account. This will cover any situation as I assume you don’t know who is responsible.
Step 1 – Change Account Passwords
First of all, this person not only has access to your Clash of Clans account. They have access to your Gamecenter account if you play on iOS (which hopefully has different password than your Apple ID), your Facebook account and/or your Google Account.
These are the accounts you need to protect first!
- Change the password of the email addresses you signed up with on Facebook, Google and/or Apple.
This is essential because if the person has access to your email account, this person can get the new password as well.
- Change the password of your Facebook, Google and Apple account.
Now you can be sure that no one can access these accounts anymore. Make sure to use SAFE passwords (8+ characters including numbers) and don’t use the same password on every account.
Somebody can still be signed in with these accounts, so force logout on all devices!
Step 2 – Your Clash of Clans Account
The problem here is that you don’t need to log into your Clash of Clans account every time – you can simply play. This means when your account is already loaded on another device, the user can access it, even when you changed all the passwords.
This is the point where you will need to contact Supercell. They are able to force logout your account on all devices and you can then load it on your device only.
You can contact them directly in the game:
Attention! If you bought the account from someone (or got it as a present, etc.), you need to be aware that Supercell will just ban your account if they find out. It’s against the TOS! You don’t want to mention this in your support request…
Just explain to them that someone else you don’t know has access to your account and ask them to sign off your account on all devices.
Now you have to be patient and wait until Supercell works through your case – this takes a couple of days or sometimes longer.
Make Sure Your Account Can’t Get Hacked
Here are some simple guidelines to follow to make sure that you will never end up in this situation:
- Don’t load your village on devices that you don’t own.
- Don’t tell anyone your lock code.
- If you don’t use a code to lock your device, start using one.
- Don’t give away account credentials to anyone. No friends, but especially on some websites that claim to give you gems or whatever. Just don’t do it.
- Don’t buy an account. The old owner can still access it.
With these simple rules you can prevent having a lot of trouble.
Thanks for editing: EnchinsuOcha