Ongoing Decks in MARVEL SNAP resolve around cards that gain power through ongoing effects and often rely on having many cards on the board and then snowball the smaller ongoing gains to get a lot of power on the board and keep competing for all locations.
In this guide I have several decks for all pools in Marvel Snap that use these synergies and I can tell you, ongoing decks are not only viable, they are also very strong in the current meta of decks in Marvel Snap.
The Elements of Ongoing Decks
The synergies in ongoing decks are quite simple – using many cards that have ongoing effects to increase other cards power along with cards that you can either get easy on the board or again a lot of value from that to snowball to victory.
What makes destruct decks so strong? On one hand, Ongoing Decks in Marvel Snap are quite easy to play as synergies don’t restrict you too much as most ongoing effects affect all cards or are affected by all cards. The beauty here is that you will continue to compete for all locations and then make your final pushes in the end, having less rng and more reliability compared to other decks, like move decks.
- Iron PatriotAWith Iron Lad you can copy basically every card in this deck and you are less vulnerable to Enchantress as this is not an ongoing effect so it's harder to shut down.Future Prediction: Quite a winner as you can play around the strong control meta with buffing up your cards at a later point and hiding them well behind Invisible Woman.
- Cerebro 2B+As you can see all your cards have 2 power and the reason is that you will play Cerebro to give them all +2 power which is a lot at the end of the game. With Mystique you can even double that and Storm will make it eaier for you to find your win condition. A classical Zoo deck that is quite versatile to play without many lines to draw into.Future Prediction: Cerebro is back with some adjustments and viable to play if you're a fan and it can perform solid in the meta, although you don't see too many players running a Cerebro deck right now it can get you into the higher ranks.
- Budget OngoingPlay as many cards as you can early and then buff them up with the higher-cost cards to gain more power, espcially with Onslaught who doubles that buff you can get a nice result at the end of Turn 6Future Prediction: This deck can make a solid appearance. It lacks some high power to compete with the high-ranked decks in Marvel Snap above, but still solid
- Thanos ZooThis Thanos deck uses all cards with ongooing abilities that you can use later to buff up through Spectrum and not care about Cosmo to counter your plays.Future Prediction: Biggest surprise here in a long time as Thanos comes back into the meta, benefitting that ongoing decks perform better and with Jean Grey and Iron Lad there's new stuff to do.
- Patriot UltronThis is the first real Patriot deck post-Zabu/Silver Surfer era and it still works like a charm. Patriot scales all cards without abilities so strong and as there's no way to remove a no-ability from a card and good ways to safeguard Patriot, this deck is still high on the tier list of decks.Future Prediction: Patriot Ultron is still working and able to get you good cube gains with all the changes in the meta recently.
- Patriot ValkyrieOnly low-power cards that you can use alaong aptriot and with valkyrie you can then scale down any location where you opponent played only one or two high-power cards and take over with a flooded board easily.Future Prediction: Along Valkyrie you can deal with the many high-power decks with Shuri to give you next to Shang-Chi another way to scale down enemy powerplants.
- Basic Devil DinoThe basic Devil Dino deck with many cards that will grow your hand so your Devil Dino at the end will get as powerful as possible. With Moon Girl even clone to drop a Devil Dinosaur on Turn 5 and Turn 6.Future Prediction: Used to be incredibly popular in November 2022 but has been losing popularity since then as there are so many cards that will counter and disrupt Devil Dino these days.
- DazzlerThanosAmazing zoo deck and Thanos keeps it all together with the stones that you will, ideally play for free through Quinjet to trigger your Mojo or Dazzler for the extra power boost. With Super-Skrull you can steal your opponent's win condition and with Armor and Cosmo great ways to interrupt your opponent or protect your ongoing cards from Enchantress.Future Prediction: Performing pretty wild right now although you mandatorily need Thanos to make this deck work. You will not play all Infinity Stones but sometimes it happens so don#t go for that primary and rather flood the board to activate Dazzler and Mojo.
- Double Devil DinoDouble Devil Dino is a Pool 3 version of the Devil Dino deck that is extremely effective as you will clone your Devil Dino power towards the end either with Taskmaster or Arnim Zola to new locations - so the hard counter of Enchantress or Shang Chi is way less effective and the raw power this decks plays can wipe over opponents easily.Future Prediction: Just falling out of the meta for the reasons that control cards plus Shang-Chi are all over the place and can disarm this deck well. A good deck for early Pool 3 if you got Arnim Zola but none to push very far.
- Ongoing DestroyerThe Destroyed Deck was always fun as you have this crazy push towards the end that turns around so much. Armor is very important to gain the lead in one location or Cosmo to prevent Destroyer to wipe out but still have the high power.Future Prediction: Not the latest deck and around for quite some time and working well but struggles more and more with the newer decks I recently added as they will compete for all locations and the Destroyer sometimes just doesn't have enough power to gain that win condition.
- Max HandsizeThis deck has only one goal - filling up your hand and your opponent's hand with as many cards as possible and then use Devil Dinosaur and/or Ronan the Accuser as your big power cards and ideally then Mystique on top of one of them to copy their power to another location.Future Prediction: This is more an off-meta deck if you enjoy playing the cards here but no deck that overall dominates.
- Spectrum Wongbasically all cards here have ongoing abilities you can boost with Spectrum on the last turn, but with Iron Man, Wong and Mystique, chances are very high that you can even double that to all like 8 power to each location and taking over.Future Prediction: less meta deck now, espcially with the control decks taking up more space in the meta but still a deck for early P3 players to start put and push to a decent rank.
- Zabu HandsizeWith Zabu as the great enabler and so many 4-cost cards that suddenly make sense to play along Devil Dinosaur, you have a deck here that is working extremely well with high power for Devil Dino on Turn 5 and then you can even buff him up and bring more power on the boardFuture Prediction: As long as Zabu won't get nerfed, this deck will stay on top of the meta with all those 4-cost cards available that make it so strong.
- ZabuCulaWith Zabu pushing so many 4-cost cards, you can bring a lot action by Turn 5 here and then still push further with high-power cards.Future Prediction: Same as all Zabu decks in the meta right now, as long as Zabu won't get nerfed, they will remain really strong.
- Pool 1 OngoingUse basic ongoing cards that have good abilities along with Spectrum to buff them up at the endMeta Dependency: A very good deck to play in Pool 1 and also beginning of Pool 2
- Thanos Lockjaw DeathThis Thanos Lockjaw deck version works also really well and has a lot of ongoing cards to get some additional power to push at the end.Future Prediction: Thanos Lockjaw after all is on the decline and there are simply too many ways to beat this deck to make it really viable right now.
Ongoing decks are versatile, popular and reliable through all stages of the game – especially in the earlier Pool 1 and Pool 2 cards you will find them to be really strong – but also later and at higher levels you still see them frequently played by skilled and successful players.