Move Decks in MARVEL SNAP feel a little complicated at the begging but will become very strong once you gained some experience with them. They basically use cards that can move themself or other cards and build synergies with cards that gain power when being moves (by gaining power, cloning themselves or more). This is already a great thing to to, but the main benefit of move decks in Marvel Snap is also that they will let you shift your locations and cards towards the end so you can leave the strongest location your opponent abandoned while winning and shifting the board.
In this guide I have several decks for all pools in Marvel Snap that use these synergies and I can tell you, move decks are not only viable, they are also very strong in the current meta of decks in Marvel Snap.
The Elements of Move Decks
Move decks are played like a symphony, you basically loads everything up for the big finale. You play cheaper cards early, strengthen them up and multiply them across the board before then moving them around in the last turn to turn your opponents strategy upside down.
What makes destruct decks so strong? Primarily the flexibility. You will be able to move cards after you played them (if needed) or reach locations that your opponent can’t reach (locked down locations). Also many cards gain power or multiply when moved so you gain extra power when moving them. In the last turn you then can move them to other locations so your opponent loses two locations and his strong location is worth nothing.
- Hybrid PhoenixUse your move cards to scale up Multiple Man or Human Torch and then feed them into Venom. This will scale up Phoenix Force and you can also use Taskmaster to inherit that power and then use Heimdall or Arnim Zola to scale further.Future Prediction: New in the meta with move and destroy a flexible deck that can build massive power and can work around some of the tough limits other archetypes place and for sure the best deck with Phoenix Force to run right now.
- Move-SpiderA basic move deck with Ghost Spider where you try to scale up your cards that benefit from movement with Ghost Spider as one additionalt rigger cardMeta Dependency: Move is not on top of the meta right now but with Ghost Spider and Silk having more move cards and Beast for some Bounce, this deck has made a niche-role path to the meta. Still, I only recommend it for move enthuisiasts and not for every player
- Move SandmanUse your move cards to gain momentum with the cards that scale by moving and build a lot of power while staying unpredictable for your opponent and even hard-counters to higher-power cards have a hard time hitting your cards before you switch them from one location to the other.Future Prediction: A move deck that you see more frequently these days that works. I'm not predicting move archetype coming back strong but this is a deck that can play around a lot of other decks if you know what you're doing.
- Surfer MoveA great deck that evolved a few weeks ago and is still working wonderful, tailoring a move deck with many 3-cost cards that you can buff up with Silver Surfer instead of playing the Heimdall finish - that will confuse your opponents a lot, I can tell you that.Future Prediction: This deck has been rising recently and brings move back in the trend, kind-of- So, if you're into move deck you should give it a shot as it performs quite stable.
- Aero Moveas with other move decks, you start to build power with your cards that have move synergy before drawing into one of your win-condition lines. With Daredevil you can see their Turn 5 move and you have great counters to heavy-power play cards with Shang-Chi and Enchantess, too. Finally you can completely mess up their final turn play with Aero to take your win condition lanes.Future Prediction: A versatile deck and Daredevil makes it great to counter your opponent and gan great value on Turn 5. Move decks aren't top of the meta right now but this is one of the best ones.
- Basic Move
- Magneto Move
- P2 Moveyou basically have many cards that can move and use cards to strengthen them and then multiply that through the board. This also gives you a lot of flexibility and makes it hard for your opponent to react as you can make him dump his strong cards into a location you abandon later. Also using Chavez helps draw your move cards more reliably through the turns.Future Prediction: Although this is the first 'real' move deck you can play with many move cards, move decks struggle these days with all the Cosmo usage but a great deck to learn move decks and I think they will make a comeback later this year.
- Good Cards 2099Use strong cards along move effect around Spider-Man 2099 to surrpise your opponentMeta Dependency: Not really a meta deck but if you're into a disruptive control deck, this is a lot of fun and can gain quite some cubes in the right hand
- Move ControlCombine cheaper movement cards and enabler to build power while also using control cards ony our opponent to gain a leadMeta Dependency: Move is not on top of the meta right now but with Ghost Spider we will absolutely see some momentum in the next weeks
- Move BounceUsing bounce cards and move cards that you can play over and over again to trigger your cheaper scaler cards to build power accross the boardMeta Dependency: Move is not on top of the meta right now but with Ghost Spider we will absolutely see some momentum in the next weeks
- Destruct x2Revive one of your destroyed cards on Turn 5 for a nice extra flexible card on Turn 6.Meta Dependency: Potential deck for playing Phoenix Force, we have to see how well it performs in the meta.
- Phoenix RampTry to destroy Black Panther with Venom or Arnim Zola early and then use Phoenix Force to gain a flexible high-power card on the board before Turn 6.Meta Dependency: Potential deck for playing Phoenix Force, we have to see how well it performs in the meta.
- Move DestroyPlay your movement deck as usual and if you can use Venom on one of your high-powered movement cards, you can gain a flexible high-power card with Phoenix Force on the last turn.Meta Dependency: Potential deck for playing Phoenix Force, we have to see how well it performs in the meta.
Move decks are the most versatile decks in Marvel Snap and although they might feel complicated when you start playing them, once you got your synergies down you see how flexible you can react to all your opponents moves to out-play him in the last turn easily.