Beasts are the latest addition to AFK Arena and in this guide I want to give you an overview how the mechanics work and also give you a ranking of all the beasts in AFK Arena that should help you run the right ones.
Before we start I also want to advice you to check out my frequently-updated list of active gift codes here and my weekly updated tier list of all heroes in AFK Arena (including builds) here.
Tier List of all Beasts in AFK Arena
Please mind! The ranking is about the skill as well, so if you haven’t unlocked a skill on a beast the ones with the unlocked skill is better no matter what!
- Shroom SpooderS+First of all, Shroom Sppoder is amazing with so many cool abilities and skills that all are helpful from stun, increase damage to enemies, decrease damage taken and so on. Also the phantom with high level deficits is great but after all it is a pet for whales and average players will not be able to get him to a level without investing heavily that it makes sense or play content in the game where you really need the skill. So take the top ranking here with that grain of salt that he is amazing but you will probably not need him as you're not playing at such a high level deficit unless you spend significant amount of money on the game.
- Winged LionS+The Winged Lion is extremely strong and useful, not only buffing the whole team and providing extra energy but also buffing the ally with the highest attack rating and, when maxed, adding pierece buff as well. Probably the beast that has the highest impact right now.
- Flutterplume OwlS+The Flutterplume Owl prolongs buffs, and that even with just one copy. First thoughts might think this is not much, but it actually is looking at the amount of buffs going on (also reduces the duration of enemy buffs!), so a great beast to pick up early and run with one copy and that also scales and gradually adds more buffs and benefits to your team (tenacity, free for enemies, etc.)
- Slumber SealS+Triggered by control effects (even if you resist)scales it up a lot and maxed out you deal damage based on max HP and will amplify your whole team damage when bubble an enemy. First tests actually wanted me to rank this on top of the tier list but with a new beast i always want to be a little cautious to not recommend investing crazy at the beginning. But I can say for sure it's one of the top tier beasts in the game.
- Fox FataleS+Ranking Fox Fatale is not that easy for multiple reasons - her kit, in theory and genral, can be devestating by reducing the attack of the enemy hero that deals most damage plus the disruptive effect can be gigantic. She not primarily a PvP pet but that's where she shines most. In other game modes it heavily depends what team you're running her against so her tier is more a S* but I didn't want to throw her into the top tier of beasts in AFK Arena right off the bat.
- TalismaneSTalismane is pretty great especially early-game and if you run an agility carry hero (which happens for most players to be true) and even later he's quite solid with his overall set what he provides for your team with his control and blinding effect.
- PhantasmothA+Great carry-buffer and the invest is alright compared toother beasts tomake it viable. Not that strong when maxed for that reason I don't have it in the top tier but a great ealry investment for sure.
- Blade RidgeABlade Ridge will deal additional beast damage to a target and, at higher levels, increase the damage done by your hero with the highest ATK with his/her ultimate. Quite basic and not game-changing but you'll have additional damage and some buffs that are nice.
- Rock Crown LizardAThe Rock Crown Lizard not only adds a shield, it will also add crowd control effects once Level 12 that come in very handy. The shield itself is not a game-changer and limited to your own side but useful and once you have the cc effects available this beast will contribute well to your team.
- Savage SouffleAProvides energy, has crowd control and a bit of cleansing and damage. Is more a PvP-oriented beast and requres the Level 18 effect to be really strong.
- Fire BreatherB+Fire Breather will give your hero that deal the highest damage so far a lava ring that will deal additional damage to close enemies. On higher levels has some shielding as well for the damage dealt but overall not too much and you need to run with a melee hero that deals a lot of damage as the lava ring on backline won't be much effective after all unless you use the synergy along Awakened Brutus
- BellbellowBWith Bellbellow you will gain loads of healing and damage reduction and that's outstanding and helpful, no doubt. The big question here is how much that can scale, especially when the level deficits get higher and higher. Works great for PvP and certain bosses but the beasts you see above are simply stronger.
- Tufty EarsBTufty Ears is actually better than the rarity might make it seem. Away from the additional base stats it heals all allies and overhead is converted into a shield. When maxed, even removes debuffs. Easy to max out, easy to obtain and helpful pretty much in all situations.
- Polar BeastC+The Polar Beast is right now still an okay beast to run in AFK Arena, dealing damage to multiple enemies but also using it to reduce haste and defense of the enemies. There's no weird targeting limitations like the other beasts have but with the newer and stronger beasts that got released recently, it simply falls off more and more.
- Feline VesperioC+I initially ranked this beast a lot higher but it only really works well if you run it along teams that drain and control enemy energy so I adjusted the ranking espcially with the newer beasts that has been released since.
- Grassy OrbCGrassy Orb will flat buff all allies' attack and critical strikes for all allies. Not too exciting and fancy, but really helpful and useful for pretty much everything.
- Dreary BallDDreary Ball will basically do the same as Polar Beast but less effectively when it comes to the raw numbers. Still, with a debuff, damage to all enemies and the way how easy it is to obtain and level up.
Beast Baiting (Summoning) – The Basics
You will find the new Beast Grounds in Ranhorn:
Bait is the new ‘currency’ that you will need to summon (or in the language of the game ‘Bait’) new beasts. You can get that from quests, AFK rewards and other parts in the game just like any other resource as well.
Upgrading Beast in AFK Arena
To upgrade the different skill levels of your beasts in AFK Arena, you will need additional copies – while this is quite easy to get for the rare ones, the beasts with the higher rarities are harder to obtain and therefore take a lot longer to upgrade.
The ‘good’ news here is, you will not have to merge or cross-plan your beasts to max them out as you will need exactly that copy of a beast to upgrade them without exception.
How to run beasts in combat
You will notice the little icon on the top left side where you can place your beast and during combat, you see it running a cooldown bar as soon as you upgraded it to at least Level 6 to unlock the first skill. Once the cooldown bar is full, you can use the skill (or let the auto-battle feature do that):
I hope this guide gave you some insights and a direction where to start with beasts in AFK Arena. Of course, I will frequently update this guide here with every new additions and strategies that will come up in the next weeks.