There are several heroes in Last War: Survival that you have to build to continuously process in the game – but some heroes are better than others. Some are used in earlier stages of the game and no matter what, building a hero requires a lot of time and effort and you don’t want to invest that into a hero that might become mediocre or, even worst, useless later in Last War: Survival, right?
For this reason I have a overview and ranking below of all the available heroes in the game, no matter if they are rare, epic or legendary, to show you how well they perform.
What Heroes Work Best in Last War: Survival?
Let’s get started…
Maybe important to mention is that this list changes with new heroes and modes added to the game so please make sure to check back here to make sure that the heroes are still as good as they were when you checked last time.
Update! I reworked the tier list and added optimal gear and skill upgrade priority. Use the ‘Show More’ button to access this along a brief description why the heroes are ranked the way they are. And please stop commenting that Mason is the best hero in the game, he is not.
- DVAS+If you think you have seen it all, DVA shines with incredible damage. Her 1st skill deals signifcantly more damage than other legendaries and her 3rd skill simply hits all enemies with high damage once, making her the strongest damage dealer in my opinion in Last War Survival right now!Rarity: LegendaryClass: Attack
- MarshallS+Actually a great support hero that deals okay damage due to fact that it's penetrating damage and his main part is to increase all other heroes damage which he does very well. Makes pretty much any team betterRarity: LegendaryClass: Support
- MurphySVery durable and buffs up the front row against damage and physical damage, which almost always is the biggest sourceRarity: LegendaryClass: Defense
- AdamSIncredible frontline tank but also the more damage he gets the more counterattack damage he deals which is just insanely strongRarity: LegendaryClass: Defense
- TeslaSOutputs a ton of damage with his targeting as you are hitting so many other targets on the way and with his high base stats and high multipliers in his skills his damage output is easily the best in the game.Rarity: LegendaryClass: Attack
- MorrisonSDeals a ton of damage and on top of that reduce the defense of the targets he hit which scales up other damage against them as wellClass: Attack
- WilliamsSVery durable and buffs defense and reduce damage taken very wellRarity: LegendaryClass: Defense
- FionaSVery similar to DVA so if you have her built you might want to second guess if Fiona is neededClass: Attack
- StetmannA+More important for PvP to take out backline targetsClass: Attack
- SwiftA+Direct blaster with nice targeting to get rid of the targets that have low HPRarity: LegendaryClass: Attack
- LuciusA+Solid defender but not at the very top at this pointClass: Defense
- SchuylerA+Great backrow targeting with her nuking 3rd skill and the chance to stun make her a big relief although the cooldown can really annoy sometimes with the timing going off wrongRarity: LegendaryClass: Attack
- ScarlettA+Selfish but strong frontline tank. She can do some damage with her 1st skill as well and her other skills are about making her survive. She won't buff any other frontline unit but that also makes her really durable herself and she can run along legendary frontline heroes as well.Rarity: EpicClass: Defense
- McGregorA+The penetrating attack can deal quite some damage and his taunting can go both ways, either lifting pressure from other heroes but also sometimes you really don't want him to take extra damage and taunt and just be there and then he uses that skill and goes down. Still a good defense hero in Last War Survival Game!Rarity: LegendaryClass: Defense
- RichardA+Although quite small base stats for epic, his skills deal quite some great damage and for me one of the best epic damage heroes in Last War SurvivalRarity: EpicClass: Attack
- KimberlyADeals devestating area damage with her 3rd skill espcially when upgraded. It's ridiculous how much damage potential she has and once you have her 4th skill unlocked, the cooldown and base stats increase and make her deal good damage but there are better legendary heroes in Last War Survival that deal a lot moreRarity: LegendaryClass: Attack
- ElsaASlow and increases defense for the frontline and damage reductionRarity: EpicClass: Defense
- CageAGreat frontrow epic defender, simply a meatshield and his skills do what they should doRarity: EpicClass: Defense
- MasonAHe is your early carry in terms of damage, even outshining legendaries in the beginning. But here is the important thing, once your heroes get to 3-4 Stars the legendaries simply have the higher base stats and multipliers and deal a lot more damage. Still, you will run him in your team for quite some time and investing in him is absolutely no mistake!Rarity: EpicClass: Attack
- VenomB+Good nuker with his his 3rd skill when the timing is right but his 1st skill is quite weak and this makes his overall damage output suffer quite a lotRarity: EpicClass: Attack
- SarahB+Sarah is interesting to evaluate as she will buff backrow hero damage, so you want her in the frontrow! She also reduce damage taken which sounds like a pretty sweet deal but she is just not the kind of frontline defense hero you might need. You will get away with her as an off-tank in earlier stages but later she will simply get wrecked and then your whole backline goes down as well (unbuffed)Rarity: EpicClass: Support
- VioletB+Is designed to be a frontline defender that also deals damage and debuffs enemies - which I personally find very situational as the damage is not that high and her damage reduction and defense suffers as she has two skills that deal (mediocre, at best) damageRarity: EpicClass: Defense
- MaxwellB+Can nuke incredibly well with his 3rd skill but his 1st skill is really not dealing muchd amage or doing much and cooldown sometimes can be super annoying to deal with thereRarity: EpicClass: Attack
- CarlieBOnly works well against energy damage, otherwise her 2nd skill is completely useless and her 3rd skill only deals a little bit damageRarity: LegendaryClass: Defense
- MonicaBShe is a rough spot here. Actually I don't know why she is technically a support class hero in Last War Survival, she is atually a pretty decent damage dealer but here's the thing: her 2nd skill gives you extra resources when you defeat World Map Zombies so this is wasted at one point as she has one skill that won't help her deal damageRarity: EpicClass: Support
- BlazBLooks a lot better on paper than he is, espcially his 3rd skill is quite underwhelming and gets outclassed in terms of damage by Mason easilyRarity: EpicClass: Attack
- FarhadBDeals decent damage with his 3rd skill once you get him starred up but his primary attack is quite underwhelmingRarity: EpicClass: Attack
- GumpDAfter the first blocks you realize that his damage is not there because he is a defender but also there's not too much in his to be a defender. Just don't invest anything hereRarity: RareClass: Defense
- LokiDAfter the first blocks you realize that his damage is not there because he is a defender but also there's not too much in his to be a defender. Just don't invest anything hereRarity: RareClass: Defense
- AmbertDThere's nothing there that works, the damage output is so low and even after plaiyng Last War Survival for 2 hours you already have base epics that do better. Hands off, not worth itRarity: RareClass: Attack
- KaneDThere's nothing there that works, the damage output is so low and even after plaiyng Last War Survival for 2 hours you already have base epics that do better. Hands off, not worth itRarity: RareClass: Attack
Please write a comment below if you have any questions or maybe you’re in the opinion that I mis-ranked a hero and I will be happy to reply!