I get some mails regarding this and also lots of people still fall for the spooky myth of the Promised Land called “Sub 200 Farming”. I think it might be a help for some of you if I will give you a short wrap up why this is really a waste of your time – at least almost all the time.
Attention: this post is reworked with the new matchmaking algorithm that will primary match against someone with a similar Town Hall. I reworked the post with the current facts.
What’s Sub-200 Farming?
That’s when you drop yourself to an Trophy Range below 200. In the history of Clash of Clans there used to be a time when all bases stayed in the pool of raid-able bases. This means all the in-active bases showed up and did not get disabled for raiding like Supercell does since quite a while now. These times offered so much loot because you only had to click some next to get to the 200,000+ resource bases. You could even take them pretty easily because the abandoned bases had all of it in bursting filled Collectors and Mines. This was looking something like this (“was!”):
Why is raiding at sub 200 wasting your time (and money)
Well, you see this was a strategy in the ancient history of Clash of Clans. First of all you need time to drop to this range. This was not the main problem, because dropping is kind of fast and maybe you come across some nice bases you can take a lot of resources from. The problem is that if you’re sub 200, you need time to get back at your regular farming range. Now let’s give you a short picture of what’s happening down there.
You will only find two kind of bases there:
- Abandoned bases of people who started with Clash of Clans and found out that this is not a game they will enjoy. These are probably TH3 bases you can’t take lot of resources from. Additionally you will now get matched primary against someone with a similar Town Hall Level.
- Strong TH8+ bases I call “The Sharks” (if you played some Poker you might know this expression). Bases worth some reasonable resources but not easy to destroy. This kind of bases also exist in your regular farming range, you don’t need to go to this range for these kind of bases
- You’re missing the League Bonus that is now a very big part of everybody income
Now we get to the main problem at Sub-200. If you’re having a Farming Base you have an exposed Town Hall to get the cheap shield. At Sub-200 you will only see people who want to get one thing: resources. These players are the only real active ones down there because the other bases are abandoned and low. These people don’t want to get the easy trophies (because they dropped down on purpose) and the Win Bonus there is not existing. You can probably make the correct assumption yourself – they only attacks you get are from serious attackers who want your resources.
Is there any secret farming spot?
If I could tell you it wouldn’t be a secret any more. Please don’t get me wrong – I don’t know of any secret farming spot. The thing is that Supercell worked hard on making the loot situation better for everyone and the solution was putting the focus more on the League Bonus and the War Win Bonus (including the Clan Perks).
You will get the best results in a League appropriate to your Town Hall Level where you can have solid wins (and League Bonus) without having to invest in extraordinary expensive armies to get 1 Star out of an attack. A very general thing I have seen so far is:
- Champions League: Solid TH10s
- Master League: Solid TH9s and pre-mature TH10s
- Crystal League: Solid TH7s to pre-mature TH9s