Where we always didn’t know what a new year will bring in terms of updates, this year Supercell released a lot of info right at the beginning what they plan in this year.
Of course, they did not say exactly every little detail, but still it’s the rough roadmap that we can expect in 2018 and I have been putting it all together for you so you know what’s coming to your village.
Clash of Clans Update Roadmap 2018
Most of this info came from the AMA on Reddit with Supercell’s community manager Darian and this year we will primarily see updated for our Home Village, expect the Builder Hall 8 release in March 2018.
First of all, plenty of updates are planned and we also have a rough timeline for it:
- Content Update in March 2018 with Builder Hall 8, new levels, new magical items, new challenges, war tools & a traveling character we don’t know much about yet
- Smaller content updates until summer
- Complete rework of war matchmaking to put an end to the advantage of engineering by summer
- Huge new content for Home Village (end game) – either in direction of TH12 that will offer more than just new grinding of troops & upgrades, but can also be something not being TH12
- Clouding issue in Legend League will be the big priority after the big summer content update
These are the big bullet points, but there are also other thiings that are worth mentioning and will also very likely come in 2018:
- A new troop is heavily considered
- Clan name change is considered
- 2nd name change for gems
- No changes to global chat planned (sadly)
- Goblin Map stuff
- More challenges, including Clan War related challenge
- More achievements (esepecially Clan Games related ones)
- More Clan Perks in the huge Town Hall update in summer
Of course, this is by far not everything and I’m sure there will be a lot of other small feature finding their way to us 🙂
It’s a lot of info and you can read more about it here.
Looks like we have a very interesting year in front of us, the only thing that I don’t like on this list is that clouding in legend will get worked on after the big Town Hall content update in summer but maybe they find a way to make it at least work somehow by adding more dead bases or stretching the trophy range parameters so we above 5k trophies can at least do several attacks a day (especially during Clan Games)
If you like to know more about the next update in Clash of Clans, please check out my update section here where you always find an update ticker to the upcoming coc update 🙂
Looking forward to discuss with you in the comment section below!