We’re facing Halloween and for all Clash of Clans players this means one thing – a new update. This year won’t be different and the last update has been in June so let’s put together all the info out there in one place here (plus my opinion, if you care) 🙂
For those of you that don’t know my update ticker, the news are from top (latest) to bottom (oldest) and I will update this page here whenever there’s something to write about the upcoming Clash of Clans Update in October 2019.
When will the update be? October 16th
Update Today (October 16th)
The game will go into maintenance break and release the update just as I’m writing this.
There’s nothing new in the release notes and you can see below the important things that will change in this update.
Have fun and a spooky Halloween season in Clash of Clans with the Royal Ghost 👻
More Quality of Life Changes (October 14th)
More Quality of Life Changes/Improvements have been announced:
- There will be some new Season Challenges that are about winning a certain amount of attacks using a certain amount of troops and also winning a certain amount of war attacks
- You will be able to pick up an expired task in Clan Games for Gems if you run out of time
- Loot Cart gets a fixed spot (I posted this yesterday already)
- Shorter Legend League cooldowns due to the fact that matchmaking time will get taken into account when calculating the cooldown
- Decorations will affect attack positions less
- Improved Grand Warden AI – making him stick to his group more
- Guard time will get reduced by 30 minutes for Titan II and 1 hour for Titan I (less clouds)
- Builder Base gets better rewards for 5,000+ trophies and the Mines will store the resources now for 24 hours
In my opinion this all looks good but I hope that some thing will still come after 4 months of waiting some smaller Quality of Life improvements are a little disappoint – although I like them and they will make our time in Clash of Clans easier 🙂
Quality of Life Changes (October 13th)
A new developer video is out and you probably have been seeing it popping up in the news section of your game app.
I want to wrap the changes here up really quick and don’t note down everything they say in the video – plus two little things that you might have not noticed in the video:
- Global Chat will get removed and tags to your player profile and clan should help recruiting/finding a new clan – the filter tags won’t be directly in the update and rolled out later, probably in an additional optional update
- 3 additional Quick Train Slots
- If you reach max points (or maybe almost max points) during Clan Games you will be able to choose one additional prize. This doesn’t penalize those who many call Clan Game Leechers but incentivize those who get max or many points
- UI Updates
- Legend League Cooldown Fix (no new cooldown when you change any hidden defense like Teslas or traps)
- Builder Base Trophy Reset at 5,000 Trophies
There won’t be any new troops, troop level or defense level in this October 2019 Update to not mess with the Clash World Championships. Still, we can assume that the December Update will be huge and it’s also realistic to expect Town Hall 13, even though this is not specifically confirmed but something that can happen (I have here some interesting thoughts on TH13 if you’re interested)
There will also be some more Quality of Life Changes that will be announced along with the release notes so I don’t think it will take that much longer until the update will get released.
Here are also two things that have not been mentioned:
The first one is that the Loot Cart will now get a fixed spot and won’t spawn somewhere in the village – you can see that in the dev video:
The next one is the Skeleton Barrel that you can also see blurry in the video at 2:00 minutes:
I’m pretty sure this is the seasonal trap that we can expect to see when the Halloween theme and events start – they said they won’t add anything new so this will probably on a temporary thing.