The Battle Machine is the first Hero in your Builder Base and unlocks at Builder Hall Level 5. You can use it for several parts in your attacks, depending on your strategy. Also, I will give you some insights into its ability, the Electric Hammer.
Integrate the Battle Machine in your attacks
The Battle Machine has a good amount of hitpoints, about double the amount of a Boxer Giant. Also, it’s immune to Push Traps and Spring Traps like any other Hero.
This makes it not only a good damage dealer, but you can also use it for tanking within your attacks.
I know that many out there consider the Battle Machine as a pure tank, but I don’t recommend that:
- The Battle Machine doesn’t have a favorite target
- With multiple defenses on it, it will die fast and you won’t be able to use the ability frequently (more on that in the section about the Electric Hammer)
I would always recommend using the Battle Machine along with a group of Giants. The Battle Machine can support with damage dealing while standing up against the damage for a good amount of time.
Here are the things the Battle Machine can do within your raids:
- Help tanks destroying defenses in the first line of your attack
- Clean outside structures to help you building the funnel
- Suicide attack against certain defenses (depends on the layout of the base you’re attacking)
- Help your cleaning troops out in the later phase of the raid
It totally depends on the base layout you’re attacking, so I will show you now what you should look for to make the decision.
Here you can see a good example where you want to send in your Battle Machine along with your Giants to get the Multi Mortar and the other structures down quickly before they hit the Cannon Carts (including the Builder Hall).
Here’s another example where the Battle Machine is used to get the Air Bombs out of the way to make a clear path for Baby Dragons (Suicide Attack). The Battle Machine can destroy 4-6 buildings easily before it goes down, so don’t be afraid to sacrifice it to get a strong defense out of your way:
If you attack with Baby Dragons, you can use the Battle Machine perfectly as a tank on the inside while the Baby Dragons will clear everything around it – make sure to deploy them one after each other:
Battle Machine on defense
The Battle Machine won’t defend your base, although the Battle Machine Altar is in your base. There’s no reason to mind that in your base design!
The Battle Machine Ability – Electric Hammer
If you have upgraded your Battle Machine to Level 5, you’ll be able to use the Electric Hammer. This works the same way as with your other Heroes. Right now, max is Level 5, but the description already shows that there will be a better Electric Hammer at Battle Machine Level 10 (which should be added soon).
The Electric Hammer will:
- Heal 800 hitpoints (that’s about 20% of the total health of a Battle Machine Level 5)
- Increases damage done by 250% for the next 3 hits
- Recharges within 14 seconds
The ability is extremely valuable for the Battle Machine, especially with the extra damage and the healing – but the most important thing about it is that it reloads, so you will be able to use it every 14 seconds.
Other Heroes can only use their ability once per raid, but the Battle Machine can use it as often as possible within the raiding time!
Now this all sounds great and it is, indeed – but this also makes it hard to time the ability…
- …heal up the Battle Machine as often as possible, but don’t waste any healing
- …deal the extra damage appropriately
This puts you in the difficult spot that you don’t want to wait too long to use the healing (because the sooner you use it, the sooner it will become available again).
So here’s the good news! The extra damage from the ability will be active for the next 3 hits even if the Battle Machine will take a couple of seconds to do these hits!!!
This makes it easier for you:
- Use the Electric Hammer as charging when the Battle Machine walks towards a base! This will give the extra damage for the first hits and reload the ability sooner
- Use it as soon as your Battle Machine has lost 20% of its hitpoints!
That’s it. Don’t be afraid to lose any of the extra damage when the Battle Machine is far away from the next target – it will save the extra damage and your ability will reload sooner 🙂
Thanks for editing: EnchinsuOcha