In this very guide, I’ll discuss one of the most used attacks nowadays, the GoBoLaLoon attack.It’s an overpowered strategy at TH9 and often used at TH10 – I’ve also seen this attack at TH11. Now, some of you may ask – Why GoBoLaLoon? Why not LaLoon/GoLaLoon? Although iit’sa very popular strategy now,s ome of you might be thinking, What is GoBoLaLoon? Well, I’m here to answer this questions and I’m sure at the end of this guide, hardly anyone of you will have any doubt about GoBoLaLoon.
Why GoboLaLoon instead of LaLoon/GoLaLoon?
As much as I’ve seen, since 2015 LaLoon is the most used attack of TH9 and onwards. The main criteria is to take care of air defenses and tank with the Lava Hounds for the Balloons.You can take a closer look here. Two of the most dangerous threats to LaLoon are:
- Defending AQ and
- Defending CC troops.
There comes the idea of GoLaLoon – you can take out the defending AQ and CC troops including 1 or 2 AD and start your LavaLoon easily (I’ll do a guide on GoLaLoon in near future for you guys).
I prefer GoBoLaLoon instead of GoLaLoon, because of the Bowler’s ability of splash damaging two building in a straight line next to each other. This will help you to dig deeper into a base and sometimes you can take out a third Air Defense (or even the 4th one in rare cases).
How GoBoLaLoon Works
If you don’t know what GoBoLaLoon is, Its just a modified version of LaLoon and GoLaLoon which requires Golems(GO), Bowlers(BO), Lava Hound(LA) and Balloons.
The main criteria of this attack strategy is to take out 2 Air Defenses, the defending AQ and defending CC troops with your kill squad which includes your Golem(s), some Wizards, Heroes and Bowlers. For TH10 and TH11, It’ll be great if you can take out an Inferno Tower (or both) and/or the Eagle Artillery.
Then you can simply start your LavaLoon and clean up the rest with some of your clean up Wizards, Archers, Goblins etc.
Which Townhall levels does Gobolaloon work?
- Townhall 9-11
Main Purpose of this attack strategy:
Clan War.This strategy needs a lot of in-depth scouting and it is not suitable for every base so I recommend not to use this for Trophy Pushing.
Pros of GoBoLaLoon:
- Extremely overpowered at Th9 and works fine enough at TH10 and TH11
- Once you’ve practiced enough, you’ll hardly get a 1 or 2 star but go for the 3-Star victory
Cons of GoBoLaLoon:
- Needs higher levels of both of the heroes(AQ is a must-have)
- Needs maxed level of Golem, Balloon and Hound depending on your Townhall level.
Troop Composition For GoBoLaLoon
For Town Hall 9:
- 1/2 Golem(depending on the wideness of your funnel)
- 6 Wizards
- 3-4 Wall breakers(depending on the level of your WB)
- 2 lava hounds
- 12-14 Balloons
- Fill up with Archers
- Bowlers in Clan Castle(Max)
For Town Hall 10 / Town Hall 11:
- 2 Golems(One in the CC,If not taking Lava hound)
- 5-6 Bowlers( Of Level 2 at Th10 and Level 3 at Th11)
- 4-6 Wizards
- 3-4 WBs(Depending on the Level)
- 2 Lava Hounds(One in the CC if not taking Golem)
- Fill up with Loons and Archers
- Max Golem/Lava Hound(Depending on which part you are prioritizing the most, the Kill Squad/The LavaLoon)
Spell Compositions For GoBoLaLoon
For Town Hall 9:
- 1 Poison in CC (as max as possible) to deal with the CC troops.
- 1 Heal spell, to help your kill squad deal damage some for more time.
- 1 Jump spell if there’s many compartments in the base. Otherwise you can change it with A Rage spell.
- 1 or 2 Rage Spell. Your Rage can push the kill squad deep and do some serious damage. If you have and Extra rage instead of the Jump(/Heal), use it on your loons when they reach the core to deal with High HP buildings(Like X-Bows).
- Fill up with Haste spells for your Loons.
For Town Hall 10 / Town Hall 11:
- 1 jump spell
- 1 or 2 Rage spells
- 1 Freeze spell(Replace it with a Rage or 2 haste spells if you are a Th11 and your freeze is not maxed
- Rest Haste spells( 1 poison for Th11)
- Max Poison (If TH10), Max Rage/Freeze (if Th11) in CC.
This is not the only variation for GoBoLaLoon.You can make changes depending on the base you are attacking. You can replace a Golem with Loons or a Hound in case of TH9 and With Bowlers, Loons/A Hound in case of TH10/TH11.
GoBoLaLoon Step by Step
Now that you have all the info and your army cooked up, let’s take a look at the steps of this strategy. I will break this into two parts
- Kill Squad and
Now, we will talk about the steps.
Part 1: The Kill Squad
The Main part of your attack is this part. You have to make the most of your kill squad or your attack can end before it even starts. So, let’s see what you got to do:
- A. Creating the funnel
- B. Deploying your BK, AQ and Bowlers
- C. Using the spells correctly
A. Creating the Funnel
This is the most important part of any attack as you can’t get your kill squad into a base if the funneling is not correct. Always choose the right side to commence your attack, You have to take out the defending AQ and CC Troops so choosing a side from where you can have an easy access to them will be the best option for you. To create a funnel, you’ll be needing your Golem(s) and some Wizards.
Let’s take an example to make myself more clear.
As you can see in this base, this base doesn’t need a wide funnel so I just used one Golem and replaced the other with Loons. I chose the upper right side, because from that side I had a direct access to the defending AQ and The CC troops will come out eventually. Now, you’ve to deploy the Golem where it’ll distract most of the defenses for your wizards to create your funnel.
B. Deploying Your Kill Squad
After a successful funneling, you are good to deploy your wall breakers to break the first layer of the wall (always leave a single wall breaker before you deploy them all to check if there’s any bomb or Giant bomb and also be careful of splash damage buildings).Then just deploy your BK(In this
Then just deploy your BK (In this attack, I didn’t use the BK as it was upgrading), followed by the AQ and Bowlers. Drop the poison spell(s) on the CC troops.
C. Using the Spells properly
Once the CC is triggered drop the poison spell(s) on them.Then you have to rage your army through the compartments you chose to open with your Jump Spell. Heal your troops with the heal spell, if TH9. In the case of a TH10/11, the healing will be useless under the effect of the Infernos. Although you can use a heal if your kill squad doesn’t counter an Inferno (Remember, Avoid countering with both infernos at a time!). You can also use a heal spell on your loons to save them from splash damage.
Part 2: The LaLoon
After your kill squad has done their job, drop the loons surgically (2-3 per defense), guarded by your hounds and Followed by your Warden if you’re a Th11. Drop Haste spells as needed. Using them before countering a Wizard tower is recommended.
Drop a rage and use Grand Warden’s Eternal Tome when the Loons are in the core of the base. Use the freeze to counter Inferno/Eagle Artillery. See how you can use Freeze spell properly here:
And after this drop your cleanup troops and that’s how you 3 star with GoBoLaLoon.
This attack strategy is very much op. Even in TH11, you’ll see a lot of loons wandering around the base. But for that impressive result, you’ve to keep practicing!
Use friendly challenges before you make a war attack as it’s not an easy strategy. All in all, once you are done practicing, you’re able to get straight 3-Star attacks done.